KudoZ question can't be edited (Staff: fixed)
Thread poster: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:58
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
May 17, 2016

I just entered a KudoZ question, went to the second page and found I needed to edit it. Both "Edit this page" and "Add further comment" took me back to a question page blank except for the language pair and categories. I had to go back a page, copy my text and then do my editing before resubmitting the question.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
same here May 17, 2016

Jack Doughty wrote:

I just entered a KudoZ question, went to the second page and found I needed to edit it. Both "Edit this page" and "Add further comment" took me back to a question page blank except for the language pair and categories. I had to go back a page, copy my text and then do my editing before resubmitting the question.

Yes, I've had that now for a few weeks. I keep meaning to report it to support, but haven't gotten round to it yet. If you're lucky, if you go back in your browser, everything is still there. At least in Chrome.

MJWB

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
And another thing... May 17, 2016

Why isn't this topic listed in "Recent Topics" on the homepage?
How did you find it, Michael?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Developers will be asked to fix this May 17, 2016

Hello Jack, hello Michael,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. In effect, when posting a new KudoZ question, the term or phrase and the explanation are not being saved when clicking on "Next step" --or even when clicking on "Next step (and save settings for suture questions)". I will ask site developers to fix this as soon as possible.

As for the inclusion of this thread on the home page, I'm pretty sure that it is related to the semi-automated way in which threa
... See more
Hello Jack, hello Michael,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. In effect, when posting a new KudoZ question, the term or phrase and the explanation are not being saved when clicking on "Next step" --or even when clicking on "Next step (and save settings for suture questions)". I will ask site developers to fix this as soon as possible.

As for the inclusion of this thread on the home page, I'm pretty sure that it is related to the semi-automated way in which threads are selected to be featured as explained in http://www.proz.com/faq/3094#3094 . However, I'll look into this further to be sure that everything is working as expected. In the meantime, just know that even if a thread is not featured on the home-page, it will still be shown on the list of most recent posts (ProZ.com forum's landing page), http://www.proz.com/forum/

I'll let you know as soon as I have any news on this. Thanks for your patience.

Lucia
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
KudoZ term and explanation will be saved now May 17, 2016

Hi again, Jack and Michael.

I just wanted to let you know that the term and the explanation entered into the KudoZ question form when creating a new question are saved after clicking on "Next" now.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ question can't be edited (Staff: fixed)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »