Daisy Waites
Daisy Waites  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:02
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
Mar 6, 2016

I'm trying to use the Proz invoicing tool, but there seems to be a bug. When I log in and go to the invoicing tool, the formatting of the page disappears and looks completely different (layout, font), and the line items don't seem to be adding up correctly. I'm using Firefox, and I had the same problem with Chrome. I've been using the invoicing tool for about one year, and I've never seen this before.
Is anyone else experiencing similar difficulties?

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I've had similar problems with many websites from time to time Mar 6, 2016

Certainly that can happen. It's always seemed to me to be a temporary glitch and it soon goes away so I've never investigated further. To do so, start by drawing the attention of ProZ.com staff to the problem. You can do that by raising a Support Ticket. There may be a link on the page itself (but maybe it won't work in this instance... See more
Certainly that can happen. It's always seemed to me to be a temporary glitch and it soon goes away so I've never investigated further. To do so, start by drawing the attention of ProZ.com staff to the problem. You can do that by raising a Support Ticket. There may be a link on the page itself (but maybe it won't work in this instance), or you can do it from here: http://www.proz.com/support/ Make sure you take a screenshot to show them.Collapse

Daisy Waites
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 7, 2016

Hi Sheila. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I took your advice and waited a while to see if the problem went away. Unfortunately, I still have the same strange problem - site formatting and layout disappears when I log in. I've logged a Support Ticket - at least that area of the site is still working.

Francis Murphy (X)
Francis Murphy (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:02
French to English
Same here Mar 7, 2016

I have encountered the same problem with the format of the invoicing page, today. The other Proz.com pages seem ok. I recently installed Windows 10 - wonder if that is behind the problem. I am using Chrome.

Daisy Waites
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't think it is Windows 10 Mar 7, 2016

Hi Francis - I don't think it is Windows 10, or at least that may not be the only reason.
I updated to Windows 10 (by accident) in December 2015, and I didn't have any hiccups with my December and January invoicing.
Proz.com have confirmed receipt of the Support Ticket.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Problem seems to have been resolved Mar 7, 2016

Hello all,

Thanks for reporting this, and my apologies for the inconvenience here. Development staff have sorted out the issue now. Please try using the invoicing tool again and let me know if you experience any errors or difficulties.

Best regards,

Maria

Daisy Waites
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Invoicing tool working now Mar 7, 2016

Thanks to Maria for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug in the Proz invoicing tool?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »