Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3] >
Powwow: Barcelona - Spain

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Barcelona - Spain".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:04
Miembro 2001
inglés al francés
+ ...
At Least ?? Jun 19, 2002

Well !
I really do hope to participate to the next barcelona pow-wow...
It seems that it might take place in Patrick's "hacienda" down by the the Sant Sadurni Missisipi River...
Who's the big chief who can confirm it ?
I am anxious to go there "me and my gal" and do hope that there will be some Dixyland band (orb new orleans) to welcome us to the barbecue !

I am joking but please count me in (2 persons) and kindly let me have the instructions to go there.
... See more
Well !
I really do hope to participate to the next barcelona pow-wow...
It seems that it might take place in Patrick's "hacienda" down by the the Sant Sadurni Missisipi River...
Who's the big chief who can confirm it ?
I am anxious to go there "me and my gal" and do hope that there will be some Dixyland band (orb new orleans) to welcome us to the barbecue !

I am joking but please count me in (2 persons) and kindly let me have the instructions to go there.

Swingingly yours,

Thierry LOTTE
Collapse

patrick32
patrick32  Identity Verified
inglés al español
+ ...
"El Trapiche II" Menu: Jun 21, 2002

“El Trapiche”
PROZ POWWOW

6th July 2002

MENU:

Picada:

· Crisps,
· Olives,
· Almonds,
· Fuet,
· Munchies in General
· Cava, Beer, Soft drinks

Starters:

· Butifarra,
· Chistorra,
· Chorizo

Main Course:

· Barbecued lamb,
· Barbecued Chicken,
· Potato & Onion Salad,
· Lettuce Onion, Tomato, pepper salad,
· Ri
... See more
“El Trapiche”
PROZ POWWOW

6th July 2002

MENU:

Picada:

· Crisps,
· Olives,
· Almonds,
· Fuet,
· Munchies in General
· Cava, Beer, Soft drinks

Starters:

· Butifarra,
· Chistorra,
· Chorizo

Main Course:

· Barbecued lamb,
· Barbecued Chicken,
· Potato & Onion Salad,
· Lettuce Onion, Tomato, pepper salad,
· Rice, peppers, pineeapple salad
· Escalibada

Dessert:

· To be confirmed

Wines:
· Red and white
· Local Cava

Soft drinks and Coffee.
VEGETARIAN OPTION AVAILABLE

Price/person: € 20
Collapse

patrick32
inglés al español
+ ...
"El Trapiche II" Jun 21, 2002

Instructions for reaching “El Trapiche” from Barcelona.
By Car:

Follow A7/A2 Motorway Direction Tarragona and after Toll gates at Martorrell continue for a further 11 km to exit 27 signposted Sant Sadurni d’Anoia. At the bottom of the ramp go around roundabout direction Barcelona/Ordal/N340, over the motorway and around second roundabout still following signs for Barcelona/Ordal. Continue on BP 2427 up hill for about 3 Km through very small village of Els Casots (Really
... See more
Instructions for reaching “El Trapiche” from Barcelona.
By Car:

Follow A7/A2 Motorway Direction Tarragona and after Toll gates at Martorrell continue for a further 11 km to exit 27 signposted Sant Sadurni d’Anoia. At the bottom of the ramp go around roundabout direction Barcelona/Ordal/N340, over the motorway and around second roundabout still following signs for Barcelona/Ordal. Continue on BP 2427 up hill for about 3 Km through very small village of Els Casots (Really a hamlet of a very few houses). Once through Els Casots continue for further 600 m and you will come to a lane on the left which leads directly down to the house.

By Train:

Train Station Nearest to us: Sant Sadurni D’Anoia

Take train in Plaza Catalunya on Platform 2 direction St. VICENC DE CALDERS or VILAFRANCA DEL PENEDÉS. Usual times are at 20 minutes past the hour they will go to VILAFRANCA and at 10 minutes to the hour they will go to ST. VICENC.
The station before the one you have to get off is called GELIDA, the next one is SANT SADURNI D’ANOIA.
Collapse

patrick32
inglés al español
+ ...
"El Trapiche II" Jun 21, 2002

Well there it is guys there is the suggestion, so it is up to you now to decide whether you'll be attending or not. I count with all of you who have e-mailed me directly. Those who haven't done it so far and are thinking about coming, please do so as quick as possible, so I can now the exact numbers.

Thanks,

patrick32
inglés al español
+ ...
"El Trapiche II" Jun 28, 2002

SATURDAY 6th JULY 13:00 HRS.

ME once again. Nearly there!!! this is to confirm the time and date of the barbecue/gettogether/event/marvelous memorable day.

If people could make to my place by 13:00, so we can have a wee drink and get acquainted. We will probably be having lunch by two.

Now as I mentioned before, I have a van available that seats seven people, so those of you who will be coming by train, arrange it among yourselves to catch the same train a
... See more
SATURDAY 6th JULY 13:00 HRS.

ME once again. Nearly there!!! this is to confirm the time and date of the barbecue/gettogether/event/marvelous memorable day.

If people could make to my place by 13:00, so we can have a wee drink and get acquainted. We will probably be having lunch by two.

Now as I mentioned before, I have a van available that seats seven people, so those of you who will be coming by train, arrange it among yourselves to catch the same train and let me know of your time of arrival at st. sadurni station.

Also I need to know who will be needing a vegetarian meal.

If you have any questions doubts, suggestions, etc., send me a mail, or give me a ring on 647 64 5069.

See you there,

Patrick
Collapse

RSI EN-ES (AA)
RSI EN-ES (AA)
Otro
Miembro 2002
inglés al español
+ ...
Who's going by train? Jun 28, 2002

Hi, everybody. My wife and I are going by train. I believe Pepelu is also. Would any others that are also going by train like to propose a time? I guess it's either the 11:17 or the 12:17

Here are the times from Barcelona Arc de Triomf to Sant Sadurni
06.41 07.26 C4
07.17 08.04 C4
08.17 09.02 C4
09.17 10.02 C4
10.17 11.02 C4
11.17 12.02 C4
12.17 13.02 C4
13.17 14.02 C4

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
España
Miembro
inglés
+ ...
I'm a vegetarian Jun 28, 2002

Hi Patrick & Co,

I'm a non-carnivore... dificult to maintain in Catalunya. But I believe I am not alone in this

BTW is there a swimming pool at your place? My wife says she will come if there is a pool to keep our over-active 3 year old happy.

Cheers,

Berni

Detlef Eberwein
Detlef Eberwein  Identity Verified
España
español al alemán
+ ...
I'll be there ... Jun 29, 2002

... after pondering a while. I'm not used to travelling that far - from Miami Beach to Sant Sadurni. This is Miami Platja, provincia de Tarragona of course, but still ...

I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Abrazos
Detlef

Maria Dolors Gonzálvez Playà
Maria Dolors Gonzálvez Playà  Identity Verified
España
Miembro 2005
alemán al español
+ ...
What about the 13:02 train? Jul 1, 2002

Hello everybody,
this is for the ones going by train to Sant Sadurní: what about taking the train that gets there at 13:02?
Patrick was saying to meet at the station around 13:00, so I think that's pretty good (and we don't have to get up too early either!) I will get on in Martorell, so if I don't see u on the train, hope to meet you all at Sant Sadurní's Station!...
See more
Hello everybody,
this is for the ones going by train to Sant Sadurní: what about taking the train that gets there at 13:02?
Patrick was saying to meet at the station around 13:00, so I think that's pretty good (and we don't have to get up too early either!) I will get on in Martorell, so if I don't see u on the train, hope to meet you all at Sant Sadurní's Station!
Cheers
DOLLY
Collapse

AnneM (X)
AnneM (X)  Identity Verified
español al inglés
+ ...
Sorry Jul 1, 2002

Am unable to come. Very sorry to miss it but my mamá is arriving and a mamá is a mamá.
Have a great day and I look forward to hearing all about it.

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:04
inglés al español
+ ...
GREAT!!!!! Jul 6, 2002

We did not talk about business but shared experiences)

Berni: did not know you could sing so GOOD!!!

PATRICK: THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL DAY AND THE OUTSTANDING LITHUANIAN SONG

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
España
Miembro
inglés
+ ...
Great Afternoon Jul 6, 2002

Hi all,
it was great meeting you all. I'll be turning my notes into something readable ASAP.

JOSE LUIS - you must get a better photo you are younger and better looking than the one on your profile

Anyone interested in hearing more of my music might lik
... See more
Hi all,
it was great meeting you all. I'll be turning my notes into something readable ASAP.

JOSE LUIS - you must get a better photo you are younger and better looking than the one on your profile

Anyone interested in hearing more of my music might like to visit:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/72/berni_armstrong.html

Your appreciation this afternoon has made me want to get my repetory back together again - but when do translators get any free time?

Thanks to Patrick and his family for hosting the event. I'll definitely call in again, if only to appreciate the REAL view without the clouds

See you all on site,
Cheers,
Berni
Collapse

RSI EN-ES (AA)
RSI EN-ES (AA)
Otro
Miembro 2002
inglés al español
+ ...
One of the best powwows ever! Jul 7, 2002

And Kudoz to Patrick and his kin for hosting it!

Great food!
Great drink!
Great company!

Couldn't ask for more!

Cheers to all!

Peter Bagney
Peter Bagney  Identity Verified
España
inglés al español
+ ...
Great time was had by all Jul 7, 2002

Had no previous powwow to compare to, but no doubt we all had a great time. I add my thanks to Patrick for organizing it - and a plasure meeting you all

Montse Tugas (X)
Montse Tugas (X)  Identity Verified
España
inglés al español
+ ...
¿Cuándo lo repetimos? Jul 7, 2002

Fue fantástico conoceros a todos, ver que tras esos nombres expuestos en ProZ hay personas de carne y hueso con las que charlar y compartir un buen rato.

Ai joup tu si yu ol again

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Barcelona - Spain

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »