Transtips does not appear in my options
Thread poster: frederic henry
frederic henry
frederic henry
Germany
Apr 8, 2020

Hi everyone

I've just installed OmegaT and I'm a little confused because I started reading tutorials and they always mention Options>Transtips as an option that seems quite useful, except I don't have this. I had first installed 4.3.2, so I tried 5.2.0 instead to no avail.

Is Transtips there under a new name or should I get an earlier version or...? I feel a bit blocked because I guess this is one of the
... See more
Hi everyone

I've just installed OmegaT and I'm a little confused because I started reading tutorials and they always mention Options>Transtips as an option that seems quite useful, except I don't have this. I had first installed 4.3.2, so I tried 5.2.0 instead to no avail.

Is Transtips there under a new name or should I get an earlier version or...? I feel a bit blocked because I guess this is one of the software's most interesting features, so I'd like to solve this mystery before I go on learning how to use it.

Many thanks for your help.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
View > Mark Glossary Matches Apr 9, 2020

frederic henry wrote:
I started reading tutorials and they always mention Options > Transtips.

The tutorials (and even the user manual!) are out of date. Options > TransTips was replaced by View > Mark Glossary Matches. It's a very similar feature that was added when TransTips was removed. I'm not sure if everything the tutorials say about TransTips also apply to "Mark Glossary Matches", but the latter is intended to replace the former.

frederic henry
frederic henry
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Thx Apr 12, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:

frederic henry wrote:
I started reading tutorials and they always mention Options > Transtips.

The tutorials (and even the user manual!) are out of date. Options > TransTips was replaced by View > Mark Glossary Matches. It's a very similar feature that was added when TransTips was removed. I'm not sure if everything the tutorials say about TransTips also apply to "Mark Glossary Matches", but the latter is intended to replace the former.

Thanks a lot for this info

It's a bit disconcerting because the tutorial starts with something in the line of "If you like intuitive trial and error softwares, OmegaT isn't for you, this software requires you to read the tutorial", and now I hear the tutorials are out of date ha ha. What you told me is super useful though, at least now I have a starting point, thanks again

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Transtips does not appear in my options

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »