Ramunas Kontrimas  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 12:27
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Jan 3, 2019

Hi,

I thought I'll repost this here also.

A first-time translation client (English>Lithuanian) appears to be not willing to pay after 4 months, numerous reminders and a few promises to pay. It is a communications firm in Norway. Does anyone here have any experience with debt collection in Norway?

Thanks

jeffrey engberg
jeffrey engberg  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:27
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
debt recovery process Jan 3, 2019

one month after sending the invoice, you send a payment reminder.
If you are not paid after one month of the reminder, you send a so-called "inkasso" claim.
this can be done through an invoicing company such as https://oddcoll.com/sv/inkasso-norge/
this will force the company to pay you.
worst case, if they still refuse to pay, you have the right (in Norway) to deduct the unp
... See more
one month after sending the invoice, you send a payment reminder.
If you are not paid after one month of the reminder, you send a so-called "inkasso" claim.
this can be done through an invoicing company such as https://oddcoll.com/sv/inkasso-norge/
this will force the company to pay you.
worst case, if they still refuse to pay, you have the right (in Norway) to deduct the unpaid invoice as a business loss on your taxes.
I would also bomb their various emails with the invoice and payment demand, including the ceo's email.
and tell the world on their Facebook page… and denounce them to proz blue board…
Collapse

Anja Johansen

Ramunas Kontrimas
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jeffrey Feb 12, 2019

I tried oddcall. My client seems to be insolvent. Do you know if there's a Norwegian site I can check this?

Camilla Larsen
Camilla Larsen
Norway
Local time: 11:27
Trade register Feb 20, 2019

You can check in the norwegian trade register. https://www.brreg.no/home/
Just type in the name or organization number (business / VAT number)

Ramunas Kontrimas
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Camilla Feb 20, 2019

Yes, tried this site but they don't list companies undergoing insolvency/bankruptcy procedure, only bankrupt ones...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Debt collection in Norway

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »