Off topic: Gammelnorsk er en levende språk!
Thread poster: jeffrey engberg
jeffrey engberg
jeffrey engberg  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 18:24
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Nov 9, 2010

I wish all translation bureaus the best of luck.
This company is certainly serious and reputable.
All the same, I wonder how many companies really need a translator who translates from Norse to English? Or English to Norse? And Norse software and website localization? That I would really like to see.
After all, they only made a mistake on one little word?
(I sent them an e-mail requesting that they fix this little error.)<
... See more
I wish all translation bureaus the best of luck.
This company is certainly serious and reputable.
All the same, I wonder how many companies really need a translator who translates from Norse to English? Or English to Norse? And Norse software and website localization? That I would really like to see.
After all, they only made a mistake on one little word?
(I sent them an e-mail requesting that they fix this little error.)

Follow this link to see:
http://www.trytun.com/translation/?language=Norse
Collapse

Lars Finsen
Lars Finsen
Local time: 18:24
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Norse? Nov 10, 2010

Note that Norse is not the same as Old Norse. It is used sparingly (and I think somewhat archaically) as a common name for the modern Western Scandinavian languages, and sometimes as a common name for the modern Scandinavian languages as a whole.

That said, I do suspect they didn't mean either Old Norse or Norse. If the latter, they would have (or ought to have) written 'Scandinavian'.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Gammelnorsk er en levende språk!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »