Thread poster: Sigrid Thorbjørnsrud
Sigrid Thorbjørnsrud
Sigrid Thorbjørnsrud
Local time: 02:14
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 27, 2009

Hei,

Da jeg åpnet Outlook Express i dag, fikk jeg meg en ikke så helt liten overraskelse. Alle eposter i innboksen som var nyere enn fra august var forsvunnet. Dersom jeg ved en feiltakelse skulle ha slettet dem selv, ville de ligget under"Deleted Items", men der er de ikke.

Er det noen som har opplevd noe lignende eller har en idé om hvor epostene kan være?

Elisabeth Bull
Elisabeth Bull  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:14
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Sjekk visningen Apr 27, 2009

Min mor opplevde det samme, da viste det seg at hun i vanvare hadde endret visningen slik at det bare var "uleste" meldinger som ble vist. Alle meldingene var der, men visningen måtte gjøres om. Se under Gjeldende visning på Vis-menyen (tror jeg det blir, har engelsk versjon selv).

Lykke til!

kraamlep
kraamlep
Local time: 01:14
Norwegian to English
OE mail store corruption Apr 27, 2009

If the problem is not just the View applied, then I'm afraid you may be experiencing what I went through a little over a year ago: Outlook Express's mail store can easily get corrupted -- for which, read "broken".

First things first: back up your mail store files (you can find out where they are by looking in Tools | Options..., Maintenance tab, Store Folder). Then do File | Work Off-line, and try File | Folder... "Compact All Folders" and wait. This can take anything up to half an
... See more
If the problem is not just the View applied, then I'm afraid you may be experiencing what I went through a little over a year ago: Outlook Express's mail store can easily get corrupted -- for which, read "broken".

First things first: back up your mail store files (you can find out where they are by looking in Tools | Options..., Maintenance tab, Store Folder). Then do File | Work Off-line, and try File | Folder... "Compact All Folders" and wait. This can take anything up to half an hour. If you're lucky, OE will have been able to repair the mail store with few messages lost or none. If your messages do not reappear, there are still some more things you can do. I suggest you read this article: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx (title: The Other E-Mail Threat: File Corruption in Outlook Express)

Ultimately, you may even need a tool called DBXpress. In the end, after this happened to me several times in a few months, I had to give up on Outlook Express and switch to a different mail client which was less likely to lunch my messages.

Hope this helps

James
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Problemer med Outlook Express

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »