Kristian Svanes (X)
Kristian Svanes (X)
Norway
Local time: 15:53
Russian to Norwegian
+ ...
Jul 18, 2008

Hei!

Eg fekk eit oppdrag på 20 000 ord frå eit svensk firma. Etter at eg nå har sett om rundt halvparten av oppdraget får eg ein e-post som seier at dei kansellerer bestillinga grunna "interne endringar i produksjonsprosessen". Eg får betaling for den delen av jobben eg har fullført.

Eg er relativt ny som frilansomsetjar, kan dei gjera det slik? Er slike hendingar ein risiko ein rett og slett må ta?

Mvh. Kristian Svanes

Eivind Lilleskjaeret
Eivind Lilleskjaeret  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Synes det er ok Jul 18, 2008

Hei Kristian, klart det kan være ergerlig å få avlyst et oppdrag midt i, særlig hvis du har takket nei til andre i mellomtiden, men får du betalt for det du faktisk har gjort, synes jeg i grunn det er realt nok. Jeg har i hvert fall aldri sett grunn til å klage over det. Mulig andre ser det annerledes, ser fram til å høre andres synspunkter. Hva tenkte du selv?

Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur
Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur  Identity Verified
Hungary
Dutch to Hungarian
+ ...
Fair enough Jul 18, 2008

Sorry, I can read Norwegian but I'll spare you the trouble of decyphering my Norwegian sentences. (May I also add that it's nice to see Nynorsk on the forum)

I think it's fair enough that they pay you for the work you've already finished. That's also how it's stated in the contracts I've signed so far. But this has never happened to me so far, and I expect it's fairly rare on the market. Pretty bad for you to face thi
... See more
Sorry, I can read Norwegian but I'll spare you the trouble of decyphering my Norwegian sentences. (May I also add that it's nice to see Nynorsk on the forum)

I think it's fair enough that they pay you for the work you've already finished. That's also how it's stated in the contracts I've signed so far. But this has never happened to me so far, and I expect it's fairly rare on the market. Pretty bad for you to face this as a starting freelancer, but no reason to despair, this really isn't the rule, it's the exception.

Good luck in the future.
Collapse

Kristian Svanes (X)
Kristian Svanes (X)
Norway
Russian to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Greitt nok eigentleg Jul 18, 2008

Yes, nynorsk is lovely Too bad none of the outsourcers want translations in this variant. I haven't signed any contract with the company, but I guess it's typical to find such conditions in standard contracts.

I dette tilfellet var det greitt nok eigentleg, akkurat nå passa det bra å bryta av halvveis med halv betaling, men i ein annan situasjon kunne det nok vore ergeleg. Outsourcer skulle ikkje bruka noko av det s
... See more
Yes, nynorsk is lovely Too bad none of the outsourcers want translations in this variant. I haven't signed any contract with the company, but I guess it's typical to find such conditions in standard contracts.

I dette tilfellet var det greitt nok eigentleg, akkurat nå passa det bra å bryta av halvveis med halv betaling, men i ein annan situasjon kunne det nok vore ergeleg. Outsourcer skulle ikkje bruka noko av det som var gjort, så eg trong ikkje bruka tid på å gå gjennom omsetjinga i etterkant.

[Edited at 2008-07-18 21:04]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Kansellert bestilling

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »