Thread poster: Kelsie Pettit
Kelsie Pettit
Kelsie Pettit
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:45
Spanish to English
Dec 18, 2020

Dear translation colleagues,

I recently moved to the Czech Republic to be with my partner. I'm looking for an accountant/tax advisor who can deal with all my fiscal obligations with the Czech authorities, i.e. monthly accounts, VAT declaration, annual tax return and whatever else I may be obliged to comply with.

Having come from Spain, where these services are affordable even for the most modest freelancers, I am shocked at some of the prices I have been quoted thus far
... See more
Dear translation colleagues,

I recently moved to the Czech Republic to be with my partner. I'm looking for an accountant/tax advisor who can deal with all my fiscal obligations with the Czech authorities, i.e. monthly accounts, VAT declaration, annual tax return and whatever else I may be obliged to comply with.

Having come from Spain, where these services are affordable even for the most modest freelancers, I am shocked at some of the prices I have been quoted thus far!

I wonder if someone could recommend a company or independent accountant who is able to meet my needs. I am 100% freelance, have no employees, and typically issue fewer than 5 invoices monthly. Almost all of my invoices will be issued to Spain. I occasionally invoice outside of the EU. The accountant/tax advisor therefore needs to have experience with international VAT operations.

I am based near Brno, though with the wonders of email and Dropbox the accountant could be based anywhere in the Czech Republic. They need not have a fantastic website and the best branding - it goes without saying that I'm looking for someone reliable and professional who cares about doing a good job.

Many thanks for your time,

Kelsie Pettit
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
I am Accounting Advisor Dec 18, 2020

If you do not have an annual turnover of more than one million CZK, you do not have to be a VAT payer. Just be registered as an "identified person".
The freelancer does not have to keep accounts, it does not have to keep records of expenses. All it takes is to keep records of income and VAT.
--
Use MT for following text:
... See more
If you do not have an annual turnover of more than one million CZK, you do not have to be a VAT payer. Just be registered as an "identified person".
The freelancer does not have to keep accounts, it does not have to keep records of expenses. All it takes is to keep records of income and VAT.
--
Use MT for following text:

https://www.proz.com/forum/czech/196300-jaký_účetní_software_používáte_jako_živnostníci.html#2049581

Co jsem si nakonec vybral Nov 12, 2012

Po více než roce bych chtěl sdělit, co jsem si nakonec zvolil. Doufám, že to nebude považováno za spam.

Našel jsem řadu aplikací, z nichž většinu jsem hned zavrhl, protože byly buď příliš složité (server+klient nebo podvojné účetnictví), neintuitivní nebo drahé. Nakonec jsem zvolil program Profit, který je k mání na http://lpsoft.cz .
---
Milan
www.condak.cz

[Edited at 2020-12-18 11:56 GMT]
Collapse

Kelsie Pettit
Kelsie Pettit
Czech Republic
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Accountant/tax advisor in Czech Republic Dec 18, 2020

Thank you for responding, Milan.

Where can I find information online about my exact obligations as a freelancer? What you say about the 'identified person' is interesting. However, I still have no idea how to handle VAT, whether I need to apply it to my invoices, how to submit the declaration, etc.

Milan Condak
English to Czech
YourEurope Dec 18, 2020

Kelsie Pettit wrote:

Thank you for responding, Milan.

Where can I find information online about my exact obligations as a freelancer? What you say about the 'identified person' is interesting. However, I still have no idea how to handle VAT, whether I need to apply it to my invoices, how to submit the declaration, etc.

Kelsie, navigate through YourEurope

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/index_en.htm (or other language)

VAT:
Act No. 235/2004 Coll.
The Law on Value Added Tax

https://www.zakonyprolidi.cz/cs/2004-235

Zákon č. 235/2004 Sb.
Zákon o dani z přidané hodnoty

Milan

[Edited at 2020-12-18 17:00 GMT]

Kelsie Pettit
Kelsie Pettit
Czech Republic
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Accountant/tax advisor, Czech Republic Dec 18, 2020

Thank you for providing those links.

However, what I am specifically looking for is a contact for a tax advisor who can provide me with tailored information for my case and a quote for their services. I am looking to outsource my tax/VAT obligations at least for the first few months of business until I am familiar with the system and have a basic level of Czech.

If anyone out there can help, please get touch.

Many thanks

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:45
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Wow Dec 18, 2020

Milan Condak wrote:

Wow - and I thought the UK was easier than everywhere else! I am now considering a move to the Czech Republic!

Milan Condak
English to Czech
Accounting freelancers with profile Dec 18, 2020

Kelsie Pettit wrote:

Thank you for providing those links.

However, what I am specifically looking for is a contact for a tax advisor who can provide me with tailored information for my case and a quote for their services. I am looking to outsource my tax/VAT obligations at least for the first few months of business until I am familiar with the system and have a basic level of Czech.

Here is list of 31 accountants (ucetnictvi = účetnictví = accounting)

https://navolnenoze.cz/katalog/podnikani%20ucetnictvi/

účetní = accountant; You can search profession + place (or region) by search machines

www.seznam.cz

www.firmy.cz

www.google.com

and other. English speaking expats have a website

https://www.expats.cz/

In directory are the accountants, too:

https://www.expats.cz/directory/search?s=accountant

Milan

[Edited at 2020-12-19 15:00 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accountant/tax advisor in Czech Republic

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »