LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 10:02
ruso al inglés
+ ...
Yes, do not contact the end client if it is a small problem Apr 14, 2015

sjmdcl wrote:

Paulinho Fonseca wrote:

If so, you can report non-payment issues/delays there.

Good luck!

But I think since they depend on the end-client for payment it would be an option to contact them. It is a multinational so they have money.

If it is a major problem, some kind of abuse or injustice, contact the end client, absolutely, if you did not sign any agreements that you would not contact them. The companies have become impossible recently. If they have no money to advance, meaning before they get paid, they have no business working as an outsourcers. Perhaps they can get a loan.

If it persists, and your e-mails are ignored, take them to court.

[Edited at 2015-04-14 15:38 GMT]

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
España
Local time: 15:02
Miembro 2007
inglés
+ ...
You should still "act legal" Apr 14, 2015

sjmdcl wrote:
...unfortunately, the agency is in Brazil. Here we aren't in the European Union. The first payment was due on March 30th. Then, it was changed to April 10th, then to April 13th...

There is still nothing to stop you getting a lawyer to sue them - it just costs more so may not in the end be worth doing. But you don't have to tell them that, nor does it prevent you going through any of the steps I outline except the very last one of actually suing them. And you still have the option of a debt recovery company.

This agency is small and they depend on the client 100%, in other words, they don't have money to pay because the end-client hasn't pay them.

I wondered about that. So, it isn't the end-client that's experiencing massive payment problems (I'm sure they didn't put in a new system without having back-up cover arranged), it's the agency. In that case you need to act fast to get your claim recognised officially. Send that final demand immediately, and back it up with a solicitor's letter as soon as possible. Keep an eye on their company registration if you can, or get a local lawyer to do that. Again, you aren't talking of a massive expense. If/when they call in an official receiver, you will need to officially register your claim with him/her. No point in doing anything else after that point; it just becomes a matter of waiting and hoping there are some crumbs left for you. I've been in that position twice and I didn't get a cent either time.

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency payment issues...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »