Thread poster: Ari Rotonen
Ari Rotonen
Ari Rotonen
Finland
Local time: 22:58
Finnish to English
+ ...
Dec 17, 2019

Has anyone else noticed that Memsource Editor does not necessarily save all confirmed segments in the file?

This is apparent when closing Memsource Editor and reopening it. Some of the most recently translated segments are missing, although they have been stored in the TM and can be retrieved there as 100% matches.

This problem occurs sporadically, and is not related to whether I have saved the file (Ctrl+S) or uploaded the segments into the server.

This is
... See more
Has anyone else noticed that Memsource Editor does not necessarily save all confirmed segments in the file?

This is apparent when closing Memsource Editor and reopening it. Some of the most recently translated segments are missing, although they have been stored in the TM and can be retrieved there as 100% matches.

This problem occurs sporadically, and is not related to whether I have saved the file (Ctrl+S) or uploaded the segments into the server.

This is another one of those features that make Memsource such an unreliable and unproductive tool. (Not to mention the Memsource servers have been down for over an hour as I am writing this).
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:58
Member (2004)
English to Italian
yes... Dec 17, 2019

and sometimes doesn't suggest a 100% match in the TM... you have to insert it manually. Not sure why, but it's very frustrating...

Let's not talk about the outage this morning... total farce.

Ari Rotonen

Ari Rotonen
Ari Rotonen
Finland
Local time: 22:58
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
true Dec 17, 2019

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

and sometimes doesn't suggest a 100% match in the TM... you have to insert it manually. Not sure why, but it's very frustrating...

Let's not talk about the outage this morning... total farce.

Absolutely.

But since Memsource competes with price, it simply cannot afford the features or reliability that other fully or partially cloud-based CAT tools have.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:58
Member (2004)
English to Italian
still... Dec 17, 2019

it's not that cheap and having a catastrophic outage like the one this morning is ridiculous... no back-up? Come on! Looks to me they need more servers, less loaded and resilient... and a back-up plan!

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 04:58
Chinese to English
+ ...
Other cloud tools? Dec 18, 2019

Ari Rotonen wrote:

But since Memsource competes with price, it simply cannot afford the features or reliability that other fully or partially cloud-based CAT tools have.

I'm curious...such as? I've used other cloud-based CAT tools, and there's a reason why I no longer use them with the exception of MemoQ, which has many of the same issues Memsource has.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Memsource Editor does not save all confirmed segments in the file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »