Thread poster: Veronika Hoffmann
Veronika Hoffmann
Veronika Hoffmann
Germany
Local time: 01:46
English to German
Jun 11, 2020

Hello!

I have memoQ 9.3.9 in the Translator Pro edition and I'm wondering what's the best way to share a memoQ file with my proofreader, who also has memoQ Translator Pro.

Previously I exported a bilingual file, in which she tracked her changes in Word. So I looked at all the changes and copied them over to memoQ. Is there another way to share the project with her so she can make the changes directly in memoQ with the "Track Changes" option? Or do I need a memoQ Project
... See more
Hello!

I have memoQ 9.3.9 in the Translator Pro edition and I'm wondering what's the best way to share a memoQ file with my proofreader, who also has memoQ Translator Pro.

Previously I exported a bilingual file, in which she tracked her changes in Word. So I looked at all the changes and copied them over to memoQ. Is there another way to share the project with her so she can make the changes directly in memoQ with the "Track Changes" option? Or do I need a memoQ Project Manager license for that?
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:46
English to Russian
Export Bilingual Jun 12, 2020

Hi Veronika,
Export your file as XLIFF or Table RTF and just send it to your proofreader. Once she is done with her work, ask her to export it as Table RTF, import her rtf file with options and tick the 'Import edits as tracked changes' checkbox in the bottom right corner of the 'Document import options'.
Before relying on this method, try it with one sentence first. Ask her to edit one segment and return the RTF file to you. Then, if you get what you expect, proceed with the entire
... See more
Hi Veronika,
Export your file as XLIFF or Table RTF and just send it to your proofreader. Once she is done with her work, ask her to export it as Table RTF, import her rtf file with options and tick the 'Import edits as tracked changes' checkbox in the bottom right corner of the 'Document import options'.
Before relying on this method, try it with one sentence first. Ask her to edit one segment and return the RTF file to you. Then, if you get what you expect, proceed with the entire file.

[Edited at 2020-06-12 11:25 GMT]
Collapse

Veronika Hoffmann
Veronika Hoffmann
Germany
Local time: 01:46
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 12, 2020

Thank you very much, Stepan! I just tried this and it works like a charm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ: How to share files with proofreader

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »