Thread poster: Adam Fuss
Adam Fuss
Adam Fuss  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:51
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 23, 2019

I'm on a big memoQ project for a client, and since I work on a Mac, they've given me access to the files in memoQ online. It's clunky, but it works reasonably well --- except for one irritating feature. Does anyone know why I can't copy text from either the source or target columns? It would be so helpful to be able to do that to use a dictionary more quickly. The only workaround I've discovered is to copy all source text to target, accept the translation, and then copy the source text from the ... See more
I'm on a big memoQ project for a client, and since I work on a Mac, they've given me access to the files in memoQ online. It's clunky, but it works reasonably well --- except for one irritating feature. Does anyone know why I can't copy text from either the source or target columns? It would be so helpful to be able to do that to use a dictionary more quickly. The only workaround I've discovered is to copy all source text to target, accept the translation, and then copy the source text from the right-hand column that shows the translation results/history. This is time consuming, to say the least, and I feel like it may interfere with the client's TM (I immediately reject the translation, but still...)

Is there something that's off in my Mac settings, or is this just an annoying issue I'm going to have to live with? It's a problem in both Safari and Chrome (haven't tried Firefox). The project is large enough that I'm honestly considering installing memoQ locally on my Windows partition that I haven't opened in ages.

Thank you!
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Via the context menu? Oct 24, 2019

Adam Fuss wrote:

Does anyone know why I can't copy text from either the source or target columns?

Can you copy via the context menu?

Kristina Hammer
Kristina Hammer
Local time: 09:51
English to German
+ ...
Answer still required Oct 25, 2020

Hi Proz,

I have the same issue and if someone has a solution, I would be grateful if someone knows how to copy paste in the online editor of memoQ when using on a mac. I am a reviewer and for me it is especially important to copy paste the text, when I find errors and I have to provide suggestions in a scorecard. Currently, I have to download the bilingual rtf files and in parallel, edit/implement and confirm the rows in the memoQ online which is more work and makes me slow.
... See more
Hi Proz,

I have the same issue and if someone has a solution, I would be grateful if someone knows how to copy paste in the online editor of memoQ when using on a mac. I am a reviewer and for me it is especially important to copy paste the text, when I find errors and I have to provide suggestions in a scorecard. Currently, I have to download the bilingual rtf files and in parallel, edit/implement and confirm the rows in the memoQ online which is more work and makes me slow.

Thanks everyone.
Kris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to copy/paste using MemoQ online on a Mac

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »