Can MemoQ open Trados Studio's "server-based TM"?
Thread poster: enkrko
enkrko
enkrko
South Korea
Local time: 04:49
English to Korean
Jan 18, 2019

The question is as stated in the subject line.

TMX files can be opened in most CAT tools, but I'm curious if MemoQ (I am using version 2014R2) can access the Trados Studio server-based, remote TM by using the "Check Out From Server" button.

Thanks!

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:49
German to Turkish
+ ...
I don't think that it can do that. Jan 20, 2019

My CAT tool of choice is memoQ. Some months ago, one of my regular clients (which used to send the source documents in doc or pdf formats) switched to Studio and server-based TM.

I wasn't able to use it on memoQ. I admit that I never thought of asking the memoQ support. Instead, buying a Studio license was a better solution for me at that time and I don't regret that decision. Yet again, I am a fan of CAT tools and I use many of them, thus, this option might not be the wise one for
... See more
My CAT tool of choice is memoQ. Some months ago, one of my regular clients (which used to send the source documents in doc or pdf formats) switched to Studio and server-based TM.

I wasn't able to use it on memoQ. I admit that I never thought of asking the memoQ support. Instead, buying a Studio license was a better solution for me at that time and I don't regret that decision. Yet again, I am a fan of CAT tools and I use many of them, thus, this option might not be the wise one for all freelancers.

Another point is that usually agencies and/or direct clients don't exploit most of the features of Studio and server-based TM's are a bit fancy.
Thus, you may also ask your client to send you a project package that includes the relevant TM.

Elif
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can MemoQ open Trados Studio's "server-based TM"?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »