Frits Ens
Frits Ens
Netherlands
Local time: 03:31
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 6, 2018

Using MemoQ on a Windows 10 computer and high speed internet, I suddenly can not save segments anymore. An error message is displayed.
TYPE:
System.InvalidCastException

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Word.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: DLL-bestand is niet
... See more
Using MemoQ on a Windows 10 computer and high speed internet, I suddenly can not save segments anymore. An error message is displayed.
TYPE:
System.InvalidCastException

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Word.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: DLL-bestand is niet geregistreerd. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

SOURCE:
MemoQ.MSWordGC

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.MSWordGC.MSWordPluginDirector.get_WordApp()
at MemoQ.MSWordGC.MSWordPluginDirector.IsLanguageSupported(String langCode)
at MemoQ.TranslationEnvironment.GrammarChecker.GCManager.InitializeEnginesForLanguage(String language)
at MemoQ.TranslationEnvironment.GrammarChecker.GCManager.GetEngineToUse(String language)
at MemoQ.TranslationEnvironment.GrammarChecker.GCManager.IsAnyEngineAvailableForLanguage(String langCode)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore.SendForGrammar(Boolean includesSpelling)
at MemoQ.Translation.TranslationRowControl.readDataFromView()
at MemoQ.Translation.TranslationRowControl.GetQACheckableUnitFromView(TagDefinition tagDefinition, Segment precedingSegment, Segment followingSegment, String contextId)
at MemoQ.Translation.TranslationDocument.RefreshErrorsForRowFast(Int32 gridRowNum, Boolean workFromView, Boolean onlyErrors)
at MemoQ.Translation.TranslationControl.onCopySourceToTarget()
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.WindowManager.DispatchCommand(String id, Object param, Boolean forced)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.CommandShortcutManager.HandleKeyDown(Keys keyData)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.KeyboardController.HandleKeyDown(Keys keys, Byte scanCode)
at MemoQ.MainWindow.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.ProcessCmdKey(Message& msg, Keys keyData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

SYSTEM INFORMATION:
MemoQ version : 7.0.76
OS version : 10.0.17134
OS architecture : 64 bits
Visible memory : 8273504
Free memory : 3377412
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
.NET version : v2.0.50727 SP2, v3.0 SP2, v3.5 SP1, v4, v4.0

General error.

Any suggestions?

Thx
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:31
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Restart MemoQ Sep 6, 2018

Try closing and restarting MemoQ. It usually clears up this sort of problem.

Frits Ens
Frits Ens
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no result Sep 6, 2018

Did that obviously. Also resynchronized. Alas to no avail.

Georgios Tziakos
Georgios Tziakos  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
English to Greek
+ ...
Any updates? Nov 13, 2018

Frits, I am getting a similar problem when trying to save a string in a SPECIFIC online project. Deleting the project (completely, from the recycle bin too) did not help. Can you tell me if and how you resolved this?

Thanks,
Georgios

Craig Thomas Smith
Craig Thomas Smith  Identity Verified
France
Member (2019)
French to English
+ ...
Solution Found! May 21, 2020

It's a long time since the previous posts, but for anyone who stumbles across this thread, I think I found the solution. This is a problem with memoQ linking to MS Word's grammar checker. Simply repair/reinstall Office/Word and it should fix it.

Frits Ens
Frits Ens
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Different with office 365 May 22, 2020

I use office 365 so reinstalling Word does not really apply.

Craig Thomas Smith
Craig Thomas Smith  Identity Verified
France
Member (2019)
French to English
+ ...
We all love 365 Jun 2, 2020

Quite true; with 365, whether you're using the C2R or Store version, the process isn't the same as with the traditional MSI version.

After further testing, I've got one computer that is proving to be particularly stubborn with this error. It's got MS 365, and no matter if I reinstall memoQ, Office (C2R or Store), or even Windows (if you count the latest milestone update as a mini-repair), I'm still getting this error.

It's definitely some kind of link to Word 365 that's
... See more
Quite true; with 365, whether you're using the C2R or Store version, the process isn't the same as with the traditional MSI version.

After further testing, I've got one computer that is proving to be particularly stubborn with this error. It's got MS 365, and no matter if I reinstall memoQ, Office (C2R or Store), or even Windows (if you count the latest milestone update as a mini-repair), I'm still getting this error.

It's definitely some kind of link to Word 365 that's causing issues (especially clear if you read the entire error message), but how? From what I can tell, it could be related to the grammar checker or something else that's called up from Word, because when mass-validating segments (which forgoes certain checks and calls), there is no error.

memoQ Support, where are you? This problem is becoming extremely frustrating! I've obviously submitted a Support request, and if I find out anything that might be useful, I'll be sure to repost.

EDIT: I uninstalled the Store version, installed the C2R version, and the errors have stopped. While that's great, I unfortunately need to use the Store version on the affected computer for technical reasons. The plot thickens…

[Edited at 2020-06-02 10:21 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving a segment leads to error message

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »