How does a regex "correction" function in QA?
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 06:00
German to English
+ ...
Feb 14, 2018

Although in QA:Regex I have defined valid regex expression in "Target regex" and a valid replacement rule in "Correction" no correction is performed and no messages are logged. What am I missing?

CD_Schuster
CD_Schuster
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Check general regex functionality? Feb 25, 2018

Hi,

Do you receive other QA-Regex results? May be worth double checking by switching from "forbidden regex match in target" to "target has forbidden regex match for source" and inserting a word from the source segment into "Source regex" and removing the correction rule. Then check, if you receive a Regex error. This is to make sure that the regex check is working.

Greetings,
Chris

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
QA regex problem Feb 25, 2018

Hi Chris

Thanks. My problem was that I had not correctly understood the significance of the warning messages and how they control the regex processing. I have being doing some testing to figure out how they function, unfortunately the help documentation is rather terse.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does a regex "correction" function in QA?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »