Thread poster: Catherine Meunier
Catherine Meunier
Catherine Meunier
France
Local time: 17:39
English to French
+ ...
Feb 26, 2021

Hi there! Is it possible to create a clickable Proz icon to put in your signature (in Gmail for example)?

Elena Feriani

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Add link to text Feb 26, 2021

In my Gmail signature I simply typed "Proz Profile" and added a link to the text with the editing tool. It works. i see that people click on it sometimes

Dalia Nour

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Catherine Feb 26, 2021

Catherine Meunier wrote:
Is it possible to create a clickable Proz icon to put in your signature (in Gmail for example)?

The way to create the signature depends on the e-mail service you're using, but for Gmail, you can this:

1. Click the gear icon (usually top right of the screen) and select "See all settings".
2. On the General tab, scroll down to the signatures, and click "Create new", and give it a name.
3. Click the mountain icon (to insert an image) and then choose the "Web Address (URL)" tab.
4. Enter this URL: https://sslcdn.proz.com/zf/images/proz-header-logo-sm.png and click Select.
5. Then highlight/select the image and click the chain icon (to insert a link).
6. In the "Web address" field, type your profile's URL: https://www.proz.com/profile/2801047
7. Important: scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save changes".

Slightly below where you created the signature, is a section called "Signature defaults" where you can choose to have a particular signature used automatically (also remember to click "Save changes" if you've changed it). You can also select a signature when you compose a message, by clicking the fountain-pen icon.

Elena Feriani
Wioleta Kwiatkowska
Dalia Nour
Jefferson Azevedo
Giuditta Pisani

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Yes, it is. Feb 26, 2021

I use my ProZ.com profile link as part of my signature. It's not only an easy, uncomplicated way, it also works perfectly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz Signature ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »