Constant errors in contact forms - any idea why?
Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:07
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 25, 2020

I am doing some marketing this weekend, and have recently noticed a strange trend. Some agencies ask us to send out CV and information through a special contact form rather than by e-mail. The problem is that many of these forms end up producing an error message when I try to send the form. What could be happening? I get all kinds of errors, from 404 to 503 (Forbidden) to things I have never heard of. Once it even said 'This domain name is for sale'.Has anyone else had this problem?
And in
... See more
I am doing some marketing this weekend, and have recently noticed a strange trend. Some agencies ask us to send out CV and information through a special contact form rather than by e-mail. The problem is that many of these forms end up producing an error message when I try to send the form. What could be happening? I get all kinds of errors, from 404 to 503 (Forbidden) to things I have never heard of. Once it even said 'This domain name is for sale'.Has anyone else had this problem?
And in some cases there is only Outlook as a solution and I don't know how to use it. Why don't agencies stick to simple e-mail as they did in the past?
And some use Google for communication, but I have a very serious problem with my account.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:07
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Paul Jul 26, 2020

Paul Dixon wrote:
Many of these forms end up producing an error message when I try to send the form.

Yes, that is a known phenomenon. The only things you can try, is to use a different browser, or (if you have a VPN) change the location that you're sending the form from.

And in some cases there is only Outlook as a solution...

I don't know what you mean by that. Outlook is an e-mail program, isn't it?

And some use Google for communication, but I have a very serious problem with my account.

Can't you get a second Gmail account, and then just forward all your mail from that account to your main account?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Constant errors in contact forms - any idea why?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »