Best websites for finding translation opportunities?
Thread poster: Elisa Fernández Vic
Elisa Fernández Vic
Elisa Fernández Vic  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:23
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 12, 2018

Hello all,
After a very busy couple of years, I find myself with some spare time in my hands to do marketing.
So far, my clients have come either from professional contacts or via ProZ (which I have found to be a very worthwhile investment). However, I would like to branch out a little, and I'm having trouble finding reliable sites with translation opportunities.
Of course, there are a ton of sites out there that publish translation job offers, like Freelancer (or even Fiverr),
... See more
Hello all,
After a very busy couple of years, I find myself with some spare time in my hands to do marketing.
So far, my clients have come either from professional contacts or via ProZ (which I have found to be a very worthwhile investment). However, I would like to branch out a little, and I'm having trouble finding reliable sites with translation opportunities.
Of course, there are a ton of sites out there that publish translation job offers, like Freelancer (or even Fiverr), but they seem to be focused on bottom feeders. So I was wondering: besides ProZ, what other sites do you recommend for finding clients that are willing to pay a professional rate? Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Nelly Keavney
Nelly Keavney  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:23
Member (2017)
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Few suggestions Apr 12, 2018

Hi Elisa,

I would start from the "Translation companies" Directory on Proz, as you can get hundred of those without extensive google search.

Hope this helps.
Nelly

Elisa Fernández Vic
Elisa Fernández Vic  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 13, 2018

Hi Nelly,
Thanks for your answer. I've used that directory in the past, but I guess it won't hurt to take another look at it
However, more than translation companies in general, what I'm looking for is translation job postings, i.e., companies that are actively looking for translators for specific projects (similar to the "job postings" section here at ProZ).

Mair A-W (PhD)
Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
linkedin Apr 14, 2018

isn't linkedin where it's all at these days?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best websites for finding translation opportunities?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »