Local MT vs. web MT
Thread poster: Milan Condak
Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
English to Czech
Jun 28, 2020

My topic was "Local MT vs. web MT". Hans Lenting changed it to "Slate vs public NMT". If you use web MT service eTranslation you can choose:

SMT (Moses or MT@EC) only ONE for all topics or choose from NMT for specialized (formal languge EU, di
... See more
My topic was "Local MT vs. web MT". Hans Lenting changed it to "Slate vs public NMT". If you use web MT service eTranslation you can choose:

SMT (Moses or MT@EC) only ONE for all topics or choose from NMT for specialized (formal languge EU, different institution data) engines.

https://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/344696-are_my_assumptions_about_mt_wrong_and_an_invitation_to_share_a_guess-page2.html#2856445

Hans Lenting wrote:

Slate vs public NMT Jun 27

Milan Condak wrote:

I am Slate Desktop user.

Hello Slate! (My name is Milan)

Slate is nice for companies and institutions that translate in the same subject field over and over.

My comment: I have 20 enegines for different domains. I have TMX from Bible and I can make engine from it and wait for client with this domains.
One my Interlingua-Czech engine contain 10 Bible'Books and by translating a novel there was a person who oft cite a bible, there was useful to choose this engine.

None of big MT-players supports MT for Interlingua.

To translate in the same subject field over and over = rule for TM. TM is updating. By using SMT´engine it is not changing. An user will make new engine for new topic or new TMX. If s/he want.

Milan
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
I created one-page presentation Jun 29, 2020

I created one-page presentation:

Local MT vs. web MT

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2020-06/28/en/00.html

eTranslation make TMX in a few minutes and they serves as TMX in CAT tools. Slate Desktop is local SMT and user can choose own or local engines for different domains. Slate offers translation of segment opened in some CAT. In this presentation it is Om
... See more
I created one-page presentation:

Local MT vs. web MT

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2020-06/28/en/00.html

eTranslation make TMX in a few minutes and they serves as TMX in CAT tools. Slate Desktop is local SMT and user can choose own or local engines for different domains. Slate offers translation of segment opened in some CAT. In this presentation it is OmegaT.

Milan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Local MT vs. web MT

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »