Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:26
English to French
+ ...
Feb 11, 2020

Hi all,

Just like that, I thought I'd share a very recent experience I had on a chat.
After the chat ends, I had the feeling the person was writing too well in the native language for a third party chat support person located in Asia.

So, I did my homework, then I realized that chat bots now have real-time MT solutions integrated.

This opens opportunities for companies that use chat or chat bots like telecom companies for instance.
Until now, th
... See more
Hi all,

Just like that, I thought I'd share a very recent experience I had on a chat.
After the chat ends, I had the feeling the person was writing too well in the native language for a third party chat support person located in Asia.

So, I did my homework, then I realized that chat bots now have real-time MT solutions integrated.

This opens opportunities for companies that use chat or chat bots like telecom companies for instance.
Until now, the strategy had been to have a third party human platform based in a different country to save on wages paid, but you had to have people speaking the support language of the target country.

Now this changes things: Such companies just need to have a third party support team (English speaking for instance) and a third party chat system that has MT integrated.

I knew something wasn't right because I'm in the language industry, but the results are good enough to fool a customer into thinking they are speaking with a native speaker.

Machine Translation is starting to permeate areas where we not have expected it.

My source of information here: https://www.zdnet.com/article/translation-app-for-moxie-social-business-software-works-in-real-time/

My bests
Collapse

Hedwig Spitzer (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT integrated in Chats in real time

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »