Is it possible to change AT status in Trados Studio?
Thread poster: TRIDIOM
TRIDIOM
TRIDIOM
Spain
Local time: 03:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 28, 2012

Hi,

We are currently doing a very big translation for a client who is not a translation agency but who uses Trados Studio 2011 and requests us to use it.

The texts are not technical or difficult, just descriptions of places to visit so we are using Beglobal and GT in coordination with the client's TM, our order of preference being: Client's TM, GT and Beglobal. My question is:

If when translating I decide to choose the GT or BG options (by using Atl+2 or Al
... See more
Hi,

We are currently doing a very big translation for a client who is not a translation agency but who uses Trados Studio 2011 and requests us to use it.

The texts are not technical or difficult, just descriptions of places to visit so we are using Beglobal and GT in coordination with the client's TM, our order of preference being: Client's TM, GT and Beglobal. My question is:

If when translating I decide to choose the GT or BG options (by using Atl+2 or Alt + 3) automatically in status, the AT appears next to my segment, and thus my client will know that I have used an Automated translation. All translations are edited and proofread, as we do not do copy & paste jobs, but still I would prefer this AT (automatic translation) status not to appear when it is sent to this client. The reason for this is that the client may assume that AT means that an automated translation has been used when, in fact, it has been proofread and edited, before being accepted. Is there a way of changing this status?

I guess we can reapply the TM to the source file and get all CM but that would seem as if there were no fuzzy matches and it is not an option either. I could also just “read” the AT options and type my version directly but this is not as quick as editing.

Have any of you experienced this before? Is there some simple way to change it?

Thanks!

Marta
TRIDIOM S.L.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:23
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
there's an SDL app for that: RyS Translation Workflow Automation Package 2018 Oct 4, 2018

Perhaps overkill to buy the app just for this, but the amazing app ‘RyS Translation Workflow Automation Package 2018’ has a feature to reset ATs (automatic translation statuses) to something else.

It has lots of other useful features, such as a MT pre- and post-tweaking system using Find & Replace lists, which is amazingly useful, and similar to what GT4T has, where you can tell it to correct certain words MT engines keep getting wrong.

In any case, I
... See more
Perhaps overkill to buy the app just for this, but the amazing app ‘RyS Translation Workflow Automation Package 2018’ has a feature to reset ATs (automatic translation statuses) to something else.

It has lots of other useful features, such as a MT pre- and post-tweaking system using Find & Replace lists, which is amazingly useful, and similar to what GT4T has, where you can tell it to correct certain words MT engines keep getting wrong.

In any case, I highly recommend it:

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/rys-translation-workflow-automation-package-2018/822/

Michael
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:23
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
a picture is worth a thousand words Oct 4, 2018

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Capture

Capture2

Capture3

:-)

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to change AT status in Trados Studio?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »