Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 01:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
Ignore Nov 14, 2017

heatheruio wrote:

I downloaded the free license and my computer says "this type of file can harm your computer."

Should I just ignore this warning? What is going on here?

Hi heatheruio,

Ignore it. I suppose it's from Chrome. This is the routine warning for downloading most executables.

GT4T will not harm your computer. It's digitally signed by DigiCert and it's been around for 8 years.

Dallas

neilmac

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
GT4T showing DeepL's Alternative Translations? Mar 26, 2018

In this thread: https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/321368-deepl_api_is_out_when_will_it_be_available_in_memoq.html , I just read a fascinating posting:

GT4T also has a nice way to show these. Just click yr normal KBS (to either (1) directly replace src text with MT translation or (2) show list of alternative translations from up to 6 different MT providers), and then click "d", which will show all the DeepL alternatives.

It would be nice to see a screenshot of this.

What I was wondering: has this feature been implemented via interaction with the free web version of DeepL or are 'Alternatives' part of DeepL's paid API?

Perhaps the developer of GT4T can/wants to answer this question?

Edit: Inserted one space after the URL, to make it clickable (time to improve Proz's forum editor?)

[Edited at 2018-03-26 10:50 GMT]

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
The free web version Mar 26, 2018

Hans Lenting wrote:

In this thread: https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/321368-deepl_api_is_out_when_will_it_be_available_in_memoq.html , I just wrote a fascinating posting:

GT4T also has a nice way to show these. Just click yr normal KBS (to either (1) directly replace src text with MT translation or (2) show list of alternative translations from up to 6 different MT providers), and then click "d", which will show all the DeepL alternatives.

It would be nice to see a screenshot of this.

What I was wondering: has this feature been implemented via interaction with the free web version of DeepL or are 'Alternatives' part of DeepL's paid API?

Edit: Inserted one space after the URL, to make it clickable (time to improve Proz's forum editor?)

[Edited at 2018-03-26 10:49 GMT]

Hi Hans and everyone,

GT4T hasn't implemented the paid DeepL API yet. I would love to implement the API but I tried very hard to get one right from the 1st day when the API was out but failed. The problem now I have is that DeepL only accepts EU credit cards and I don't have one.

I apologize if some users are somehow believe GT4T is using the paid API. I never intend to lie. I tried and failed.

And I am still trying. For the moment I can only solve this by possibly asking a friend in the EU to pay for me.

I read the API docs and it doesn't seem to provide the alternative translation feature.

Dallas, developer of GT4T

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
GT4T doesn't use the API (yet) Mar 27, 2018

In a private message, the developer wrote that he doesn't use DeepL's API (yet).

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Not now Apr 16, 2018

Hi Hans and everybody,

I have just added DeepL pro support to GT4T. Character-based license owners can use it by checking the 'use DeepL pro' option in the setup.

Dallas

Hans Lenting wrote:

In a private message, the developer wrote that he doesn't use DeepL's API (yet).

Kiss Gábor
Kiss Gábor
Hungary
DeepL Pro Sep 25, 2018

Hello,

I would like to know, what are the differences between using the 'basic' DeepL function and the API-key-based DeepL Pro.
(I am asking for specific differences in GT4T, as I am aware of the API key/non-API key version differences in general.)
For as much as I can tell, it is outputting the same results in both cases, so what is the point?

Thank you in advance!

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Your texts are never stored Sep 27, 2018

Kiss Gábor wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know, what are the differences between using the 'basic' DeepL function and the API-key-based DeepL Pro.
(I am asking for specific differences in GT4T, as I am aware of the API key/non-API key version differences in general.)
For as much as I can tell, it is outputting the same results in both cases, so what is the point?

Thank you in advance!

DeepL promises that your texts are never stored with DeepL Pro. That's probably the only difference.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 18:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Slowish lately Oct 3, 2018

I've been using GT4T for a few years now, and don't usually have any problems with it, but recently it has been very sluggish when using it with WordFast Classic. Instead of translating the word or phrase immediately, like it used to, it now flashes a "please wait" message and sometimes I have to hit Control+C a few times before it eventually comes up with the translation. Apart from that, it works fine elsewhere, in normal Word or Excel files, etc.
I also keep getting pop-up messages abou
... See more
I've been using GT4T for a few years now, and don't usually have any problems with it, but recently it has been very sluggish when using it with WordFast Classic. Instead of translating the word or phrase immediately, like it used to, it now flashes a "please wait" message and sometimes I have to hit Control+C a few times before it eventually comes up with the translation. Apart from that, it works fine elsewhere, in normal Word or Excel files, etc.
I also keep getting pop-up messages about updates, which I don't really like, because if it is working okay, I don't want to have to keep updating it (Not Broke, Don't Fix).
Collapse

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Press Ctrl+v Oct 3, 2018

neilmac wrote:

I also keep getting pop-up messages about updates, which I don't really like, because if it is working okay, I don't want to have to keep updating it (Not Broke, Don't Fix).

Hi Neilmac,

Are you using the ctrl+alt+j or ctrl+alt+k to translate the current or next segment? I am not sure if they still work with WordFast Classic as I was unable to install it on my computer when I was working on the new version.

After the 'please wait' message disappears, press 'ctrl+v' to see if the translation is pasted. If 'ctrl+v' works, go to the home page https://gt4t.net/ to download the newer version again to see the problem is gone.

Yes, 'no broke' rule definitely rules. I will make sure of this.

Thank you Neilmac for being with GT4T for so long.

Dallas

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
GT4T File Translator Mar 4, 2020

Dear colleagues,

I would like to update this very old thread with the new major development of GT4T. GT4T now can translate Microsoft Office (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx) and CAT tool bilingual files (trados sdlxliff, Memoq .mqxlz, Wordfast, CafeTran, Memsource, Deja Vu) in batches in the background. Tags or inline are well kept and put in the right place in the translation without affecting the translation quality.

You can drag and drop your files to GT4T to get them translate
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I would like to update this very old thread with the new major development of GT4T. GT4T now can translate Microsoft Office (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx) and CAT tool bilingual files (trados sdlxliff, Memoq .mqxlz, Wordfast, CafeTran, Memsource, Deja Vu) in batches in the background. Tags or inline are well kept and put in the right place in the translation without affecting the translation quality.

You can drag and drop your files to GT4T to get them translated on your own computer. Your files are secure as you do not need to upload your files to a server like other web-based solutions.

https://gt4t.net/en/images/gt4t_screenshots/gt4t_documents.png

Dallas
Collapse

Jorge Payan

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Still good... Mar 6, 2020

neilmac wrote:

I came upon this thread because I had an API glitch and googled the GT4T site, only to find there was a fix for it already at the top of the page! I've been using it for quite a few years now and in general I am happy with it and the response to service requests.

Still using it happily in 2020! Cheers Dallas, keep up the good work!

Chiara Foppa Pedretti

Aline Amorim
Aline Amorim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:47
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Go it! Mar 6, 2020

Thanks Dallas!

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
GT4T damaged Mar 29, 2020

...so says my Mac with Catalina OSX. GT4T used to work on my Mojave Mac but refuses to do so on Catalina. Provided the OSX is the cause for this. Anybody with the same problem?

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Solution Mar 29, 2020

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

...so says my Mac with Catalina OSX. GT4T used to work on my Mojave Mac but refuses to do so on Catalina. Provided the OSX is the cause for this. Anybody with the same problem?

Hi Wolfgan,

I just found that Apple requires that developers to notarize their developer ID for the new system. I will start the notarizing process soon. For the moment you can open the Terminal app

And then copy / paste the following and hit Enter

xattr -rc /Applications/GT4T.app

This command won't affect your system security settings.

Dallas

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Solution Mar 30, 2020

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Hi Wolfgan,

I just found that Apple requires that developers to notarize their developer ID for the new system. I will start the notarizing process soon. For the moment you can open the Terminal app

And then copy / paste the following and hit Enter

xattr -rc /Applications/GT4T.app

This command won't affect your system security settings.

Dallas

Thanks. That's what I did and it works.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GT4T

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »