Certified Translation UK
Thread poster: Mark Harris
Mark Harris
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
Jun 1, 2018

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice. I work occasionally as a freelance translator alongside studying for my undergraduate degree in French and Spanish. I have a friend from Azerbaijan who would like to visit the UK but would need various documentation to be translated from French in order to apply for a visa. From what I have read these would have to be 'certified translations', but I have also read that there are no particular regulations in the UK regar
... See more
Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice. I work occasionally as a freelance translator alongside studying for my undergraduate degree in French and Spanish. I have a friend from Azerbaijan who would like to visit the UK but would need various documentation to be translated from French in order to apply for a visa. From what I have read these would have to be 'certified translations', but I have also read that there are no particular regulations in the UK regarding any particular certification needed by the translator, just that they have to certify that it is an accurate translation to the best of their knowledge. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would like to translations for my friend so he doesn't have to pay a translation agency, but I'm not too sure if I would have to demonstrate that I am qualified to do so. I don't currently have any kind of certification/qualifications per say.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Dongwoo Lee
Dongwoo Lee  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 03:03
Member (2018)
English to Korean
+ ...
You can translate the said documents into English for your friend Jun 1, 2018

If you can offer correct translation FR2EN(I`m sure you will), you can translate the said documents into English for your friend. But before he/she submit them to UK visa application centre, both of original and translated documents should be certified by a notary public and legalized by an official eligible to issue apostille in Azerbaijan.

I hope this helps you.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:03
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Mark Jun 2, 2018

You should find all the information needed here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certified Translation UK

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »