Catherine Skala
Catherine Skala  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 02:56
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jan 25, 2016

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone living in and around London would be interested in taking part in a yoga/ translation retreat, say about 3 days long. I thought I could try to organise this if there is enough interest out there among translators. I envision a couple of yoga sessions per day, healthy food and translation activities, etc. I have only just come up with this idea and need to figure out if there is a "market" for it.

Catherine

Claire Titchmarsh
Claire Titchmarsh  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2013)
Italian to English
+ ...
Nice idea Jan 25, 2016

Hi Catherine

Yes I'd be interested although I could probably only manage a weekend. Are you also a yoga instructor by any chance?

Claire

Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Lovely idea, Catherine Jan 26, 2016

That sounds like a fab idea indeed.

My question would have been the same as Claire´s. Are you a yoga instructor? If so, what style of yoga are you teaching?

Looking forward to hear more about this idea

Catherine Skala
Catherine Skala  Identity Verified
Belgium
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Jan 26, 2016

No, I'm not a yoga instructor, but I go to yoga about 5 times a week and have been to some retreats. There are many yoga teachers out there and many venues as well. Like I said, this idea is only in its infancy and I need to see how much interest there is.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yoga and Translation Retreat in/around London, UK

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »