Gad Kohenov
Gad Kohenov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 18:27
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 22, 2014

Hello fellow language experts!

Working a lot with a computer and keyboard can bring about all types of physical and psychological damages. How many of you suffered from a trigger finger or inflammation in tendons? I know I have.
Taking a break every hour and doing some exercises with a silicone knead ball or without it is better than nothing but it is not enough.
What you need is a regular training method to follow.
It forces you to get out of your office ane meed
... See more
Hello fellow language experts!

Working a lot with a computer and keyboard can bring about all types of physical and psychological damages. How many of you suffered from a trigger finger or inflammation in tendons? I know I have.
Taking a break every hour and doing some exercises with a silicone knead ball or without it is better than nothing but it is not enough.
What you need is a regular training method to follow.
It forces you to get out of your office ane meed people in the gym and it makes sure you don't suffer from all the different damages which people who don't work near computers think we don't suffer from. "They just sit all day, doing no physical effort!".
Wrong doing so many repetitive actions does bring about damages. And you don't do maintenance work you suffer the consequences.
My kid brother, who is a senior body building coach and referee published a book (both in Hebrew and now in English) which can assist you in keeping in shape while continuing to work. The book is called "The Kohenov Method" and it is good for everyone, from professional athletes to invalids.
My brother Moshe was born an invalid himself and the doctors said he will remain in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He went all the way to being a referee in body building competitions together with the famous Arnold Schwarzenegger and other less famous body building champions.

To find about the book which is now on sale on Amazon, all you have to do is enter this link:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=The%20kohenov%20method

Or enter the Amazon website and write "The Kohenov Method" and find the book both in Hebrew and In English.
I am sure you will get results in a short time.
Remember: "Mens sana in corpore sano" (a sound mind in a sound body ).

Gad Kohenov
Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:27
Dutch to English
+ ...
Get a dog Feb 23, 2014

Apart from having to walk it every day and, therefore, making you do exercise, he or she will make you laugh every day. Priceless. Unconditional love guaranteed!

TranslateThis
TranslateThis  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
Very inspiring! Feb 23, 2014

Gad Kohenov wrote:

My kid brother, who is a senior body building coach and referee published a book (both in Hebrew and now in English) which can assist you in keeping in shape while continuing to work. The book is called "The Kohenov Method" and it is good for everyone, from professional athletes to invalids.

My brother Moshe was born an invalid himself and the doctors said he will remain in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He went all the way to being a referee in body building competitions together with the famous Arnold Schwarzenegger and other less famous body building champions.

I will certainly check it out. Thank you, Gad and Moshe!

Gad Kohenov
Gad Kohenov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 18:27
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TranslateThis Feb 23, 2014

We will be happy to receive any comments you may have.

Gad & Moshe

Doreen Stacey
Doreen Stacey
United States
Exercise is REALLY important. May 5, 2014

Since I've always love playing some form of sport, or going to the gym... I just make sure I spend 3-4 hours a week doing that. For those of us who sit down and look at computers all day, it really takes a toll on the body.

Forbes has a pretty good article on the subject of things that can be done will at your desk... that is if you don't have the time or int
... See more
Since I've always love playing some form of sport, or going to the gym... I just make sure I spend 3-4 hours a week doing that. For those of us who sit down and look at computers all day, it really takes a toll on the body.

Forbes has a pretty good article on the subject of things that can be done will at your desk... that is if you don't have the time or interest to go to a gym.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to keep fit while translating

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »