How to promote yourself on your website as a freelancer?
Thread poster: Verónica
Verónica
Verónica
Mexico
Local time: 06:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 21, 2021

If you are freelance, can you promote yourself with a business brand (using an acronym joining the first 3 letters of the name and the first 3 letters of the surname) on your website? How should you address your audience in the texts of your website: "we are a company", "we do"? considering that initially it is only a single person but with the aim of growing and forming a team in the future or using the business brand but refer in the texts that it is only one person working individually?

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Do you have regular website traffic? Apr 21, 2021

If YES... branding, web design, etc. could prove valuable.

If NO, then it really doesn't matter one bit.

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:13
French to English
+ ...
It depends Apr 21, 2021

Adieu raises a valid point, but you may have special reasons to brand yourself even without significant traffic.

Regarding your original question, I was asking it myself as well, and it took me several months to make up my mind. I abandoned the idea of "we are" fairly quickly and was then hesitating between "I am", "Anton is" and "the company is". My final decision was to start with "XXX is a professional services company based in YYY, established by ZZZ in 2007", and then use "XXX
... See more
Adieu raises a valid point, but you may have special reasons to brand yourself even without significant traffic.

Regarding your original question, I was asking it myself as well, and it took me several months to make up my mind. I abandoned the idea of "we are" fairly quickly and was then hesitating between "I am", "Anton is" and "the company is". My final decision was to start with "XXX is a professional services company based in YYY, established by ZZZ in 2007", and then use "XXX is/does" throughout the site except when mentioning my personal credentials, where I referred to myself in the third person as well. However, mine wasn't a standard case and your mileage may vary.

[Edited at 2021-04-21 23:20 GMT]
Collapse

Adieu

Verónica
Verónica
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Website traffic Apr 22, 2021

Hi Adieu:
I'm just creating the site, I finished writing all the texts and then that question arose.

Verónica
Verónica
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great Idea Apr 22, 2021

Anton:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, your suggestion is a good alternative.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to promote yourself on your website as a freelancer?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »