Translating PHP files - how to get a word count?
Thread poster: Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:56
German to Croatian
+ ...
Apr 2, 2003

I have been asked to provide a quote for a translation job consisting of several PHP files.

Aldough I have experience translating HTML files, this is the first time I deal with php-files.

Do you happen to know if there is a convenient way to find out the exact length of text to be translated (something like word count)?

TIA

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 21:56
English to Dutch
+ ...
Did you check Apr 2, 2003

http://www.php.net/manual/en

You may find an answer there.

I contacted Maxim of Practicount and asked him if he could look into this as well.

Good luck!

[addsig]

Kemal Mustajbegovic
Kemal Mustajbegovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:56
English to Croatian
+ ...
Try this one Apr 3, 2003

I asked my son (computer programer and web design expert) for the advice on your quest and he gave the following link that my have answers on all your questions.

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP

If you\'re willing to learn you\'ll become an expert in a field.

Srdaèan pozdrav!

... See more
I asked my son (computer programer and web design expert) for the advice on your quest and he gave the following link that my have answers on all your questions.

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP

If you\'re willing to learn you\'ll become an expert in a field.

Srdaèan pozdrav!

P.S.

PHP file can be imported into Word doc:

- right click on web page and select all than copy and paste into Word doc where you can do the word count. But be warned, you should add about 10% to the word count because of the hidden text e.g. dropdown windows and buttons that show text when you point at them. Pozdrav!

[ This Message was edited by: kemmus on 2003-04-03 10:23]

[ This Message was edited by: kemmus on 2003-04-03 10:24]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:56
SITE FOUNDER
WebBudget may do it Apr 3, 2003

I remember seeing a WebBudget demo and think that php may have been among the file types it could parse. You may want to check with the developer of that, or as Evert suggests, [email protected].

Henry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating PHP files - how to get a word count?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »