Unable to install dictionaries
Thread poster: Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 28, 2003

Hello everybody

I have a computer with Windows XP as operative system (OS) and I\'m unable to install the Routledge English-Spanish Business Dictionary and the DRAE Spanish monolingual dictionary. I find this pretty weird as I didn\'t have this problem with my former PC (OS Windows 98 ). Also, a friend of mine has these dictionaries installed in her PC (OS Windows XP) with no problems at all.

Apart from that, I have a problem running the Larousse grand
... See more
Hello everybody

I have a computer with Windows XP as operative system (OS) and I\'m unable to install the Routledge English-Spanish Business Dictionary and the DRAE Spanish monolingual dictionary. I find this pretty weird as I didn\'t have this problem with my former PC (OS Windows 98 ). Also, a friend of mine has these dictionaries installed in her PC (OS Windows XP) with no problems at all.

Apart from that, I have a problem running the Larousse grand encyclopaedia. It installs properly and the intro runs OK when it is started but it closes as soon as the intro finishes, so I can\'t make any search.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

[ This Message was edited by: Jerónimo Fdez on 2003-03-28 13:00]
Collapse

Carsten Behrend
Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:25
English to German
+ ...
What exactly is the problem? Mar 28, 2003

Which error message is displayed? Do you have admin rights?

Pleas specify!

Carsten

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to install dictionaries

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »