Thread poster: Carmen Lawrence
Carmen Lawrence
Carmen Lawrence  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:13
German to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2003

Does anyone know how I can once again begin receiving job emails? I try to follow the instructions regarding this but it simply will not work.

Ruth Rosenthal (X)
Ruth Rosenthal (X)
Israel
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same here Feb 23, 2003

I do not receive any job offers by email either. For the last six months I have regularly sent emails to \'support\' and asked them to change it. Nothing has been changed, nor have I received an answer.

My conclusion is that the support is utterly useless.

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:13
English to German
+ ...
This is sad enough... Feb 23, 2003

and only shows that you are not terribly inventive in terms of problem-solving: why don\'t you write directly to the moderator of your language pairs?!

Shalom

Steffen

On 2003-02-23 12:43, rosebar wrote:

\"For the last six months I have regularly sent emails to \'support\' and asked them to change it. Nothing has been changed, nor have I received an answer.\"

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-23 14:16]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:13
SITE FOUNDER
Problem with terra.es Feb 23, 2003

Terra.es is blocking alert emails from ProZ.com and we--and ProZ.com members who are terra.es users--have had no success in getting them to allow ProZ.com messages through.

All we can offer in terms of a solution is the free email service offered by everyone.net on behalf of ProZ.com: proz.mail.everyone.net

I know it is inconvenient to use a second email address just for job notices, but that is our only solution at the moment. (We are also considering c
... See more
Terra.es is blocking alert emails from ProZ.com and we--and ProZ.com members who are terra.es users--have had no success in getting them to allow ProZ.com messages through.

All we can offer in terms of a solution is the free email service offered by everyone.net on behalf of ProZ.com: proz.mail.everyone.net

I know it is inconvenient to use a second email address just for job notices, but that is our only solution at the moment. (We are also considering changing the way we send emails to terra.es members in order to bypass their filters.)
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:13
SITE FOUNDER
No record of support requests from you Feb 23, 2003

Quote:

I do not receive any job offers by email either. For the last six months I have regularly sent emails to \'support\' and asked them to change it. Nothing has been changed, nor have I received an answer.

Dear Ruth,

We do not have any support requests from you on file. ... See more
Quote:

Dear Ruth,

We do not have any support requests from you on file. The proper way to enter a support request is to click on the \'Get SUpport\' link in the menu. ▲ Collapse

Ruth Rosenthal (X)
Ruth Rosenthal (X)
Israel
English to Dutch
+ ...
Not so sad, really Feb 23, 2003

[quote]

On 2003-02-23 14:13, Steffen Pollex wrote:

and only shows that you are not terribly inventive in terms of problem-solving: why don\'t you write directly to the moderator of your language pairs?!

Shalom

Steffen

\"For the last six months I have regularly sent emails to \'support\' and asked them to change it. Nothing has been changed, nor have I received an answer.\"

Hi Steffen,

It not so sad actually. It only proves that I tried several times and that I did not find it important enough at the time to try more options. Fact is that I have been loaded with work in the past few months, so the need of receiving job offers by email was not so keenly felt by me. Seeing this problem described by somebody else, induced me to write. One of these days I\'ll try the support again and see what happens.

Meanwhile, also shalom to you,

Ruth Rosenthal

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
All Proz mails actually Feb 24, 2003

Hi everybody!

I\'m one of those terra.es affected and I have also seen that I don\'t receive mails with answers to my kudoz questions either.

Does this also affect to all the mail coming from Proz? Should we change the e-mail address to another one?

Thanks!

Maria José

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
María José... Feb 24, 2003

It applies to all e-mail from Proz, not just jobs. More information is contained in this thread:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=8163&forum_id=10

As I said in this other thread, I am now using a Yahoo address instead of my terra/teleline address, and it works fine.

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 24, 2003

Thanks Cindy,

Already changed the e-mail address. I\'ll see what happens!

Have a nice day!

Maria José

Maya Jurt
Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Why is terra.es blocking proZ email? Feb 24, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-23 14:34, Henry wrote:

Do they have a technical problem ?

Never heard of anything like it. Should be rather the opposite, whith the rates Spanish agencies offer.

Any danger that others will follo... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-23 14:34, Henry wrote:

Do they have a technical problem ?

Never heard of anything like it. Should be rather the opposite, whith the rates Spanish agencies offer.

Any danger that others will follow that example?

Is it a temporary problem or a permanent one?

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

not receiving any job emails

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »