Off topic: How can I count the words in a PDF file?
Thread poster: Carina Balbo
Carina Balbo
Carina Balbo
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:26
English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2003

Hello everybody:

I need to count words in a PDF file, but I don\'t know how to do it. Sorry if this topic has aleady been dealt with previously, but I searched all proz and I found nothing related to this topic.

I\'ve got Acrobat Reader 5.0 but it seems it doesn\'t count words, does it??

Please, could anyone help me??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best wishes,

Carina

monitor
monitor  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:26
English to German
+ ...
Adobe Acrobat Feb 10, 2003

You need to have the full version of AA where you can simply export the whole text as an rtf-file, from where it\'s all easy to count words.

:

Marcel

SOFITA
SOFITA  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 04:26
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
I found ... Feb 10, 2003

... a programme - PDFCountR825 - and it works perfectly as Add-in to Adobe Acrobat.

Quote:

On 2003-02-10 14:12, babell wrote:

Hello everybody:

I need to count words in a PDF file, but I don\'t know how to do it. Sorry if this topic has aleady been dealt with previously, but I searched all proz and I found nothing related to this topic.

I\'ve got Acrobat Read... See more
... a programme - PDFCountR825 - and it works perfectly as Add-in to Adobe Acrobat.

Quote:

On 2003-02-10 14:12, babell wrote:

Hello everybody:

I\'ve got Acrobat Reader 5.0 but it seems it doesn\'t count words, does it??

Please, could anyone help me??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best wishes,

Carina

Collapse

Nicolas Rick
Nicolas Rick
Local time: 03:26
English to French
+ ...
Word Feb 10, 2003

You may find it easier to cut and paste the text into Word and then try the automatic counting

Anthony Indra
Anthony Indra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:26
Member (2002)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Please be careful with RTF Feb 11, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-10 16:21, monitor wrote:

You need to have the full version of AA where you can simply export the whole text as an rtf-file, from where it\'s all easy to count words.

:

Marcel

BUT Please be careful, make a second \'counting\', and compare it with the original PDF file, because it tends to miscalculate, or somet... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-10 16:21, monitor wrote:

:

Marcel

BUT Please be careful, make a second \'counting\', and compare it with the original PDF file, because it tends to miscalculate, or sometimes many words are missing in the RTF file.

Collapse

Carina Balbo
Carina Balbo
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:26
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone! Feb 11, 2003

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. What I did is to download the PDFCount. It\'s a trial version but it worked!

I also thought of copying the info and pasting it in Word, but the files are protected against copy or extraction of information. Downloading the PDFCount was the only way out.

Thanks a lot again to everyone.

Best wishes,

Carina

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 04:26
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Import PDF image into Fine Reader Feb 11, 2003

We have Finereader 6, file > open image.

Perfect solution also when you get password locked files for translation from clients.There is crack available on the Net for password protected PDFs, but once a client sent us for translation double protected Acrobat file, which was not possible to crack (the client himself, too, didn\'t know the password, and Finereader was the only solution, otherwise we would have to do the translation by looking on the second monitor) ...
See more
We have Finereader 6, file > open image.

Perfect solution also when you get password locked files for translation from clients.There is crack available on the Net for password protected PDFs, but once a client sent us for translation double protected Acrobat file, which was not possible to crack (the client himself, too, didn\'t know the password, and Finereader was the only solution, otherwise we would have to do the translation by looking on the second monitor)

[addsig]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I count the words in a PDF file?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »