Berloffa
Berloffa
Brazil
Local time: 04:26
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 4, 2007

Help for beginners !

How can I update my translation memory, if my target file is mif. Should I convert it to rtf and then import it to the TM or what ? I´ve though, it would be easy ! I´m desperate, then I have more then 200 reviewed pages ! Can anybody help me, please !
Thanks a lot

Lilian

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Follow the process description for translating MIF files Sep 4, 2007

Sorry, but even beginners should be precise...
What do you exactly have? Reviewed and changed mif files or billingual files or what?
If you need help, please describe your needs as precise as possible, giving the exact information what files do you have, what formats and what is your task and so on.
The process of translating MIF files is described very detailed in File Format Reference Guide, a document available with each copy of SDL Trados. You can acess it in SDL Trados pro
... See more
Sorry, but even beginners should be precise...
What do you exactly have? Reviewed and changed mif files or billingual files or what?
If you need help, please describe your needs as precise as possible, giving the exact information what files do you have, what formats and what is your task and so on.
The process of translating MIF files is described very detailed in File Format Reference Guide, a document available with each copy of SDL Trados. You can acess it in SDL Trados program group, section Documentation.

Did you previously translate the mif files? Do you have any rtf files with translation? There are to many unanswered questions to give you a better hint here.

Jerzy
Collapse

Berloffa
Berloffa
Brazil
Local time: 04:26
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Really beginner ! Sep 5, 2007

Dear Jerzy,

thanks a lot for your tips !
To your information:
I have translated mif files. I converted then to rtf, translated it with Trados and converted again to mif. Now I received these files reviewed and changed from customer as mif files. I just want to update my TM with the customer changes.
And the question is how. I have tried to import the mif file to the TM, but this mif extension is not valid.
Anyway I will follow your orientation. I have someti
... See more
Dear Jerzy,

thanks a lot for your tips !
To your information:
I have translated mif files. I converted then to rtf, translated it with Trados and converted again to mif. Now I received these files reviewed and changed from customer as mif files. I just want to update my TM with the customer changes.
And the question is how. I have tried to import the mif file to the TM, but this mif extension is not valid.
Anyway I will follow your orientation. I have sometimes the feeling, there are too many infos. in the forum and everywhere and I loose myself !!!
Thanks again and nich day !
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating Translation memory Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »