Thread poster: Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 01:57
English to French
+ ...
Jan 26, 2003

Can anyone tell me in a simple manner hox I can ckeck a word document containing tags without being stopped on each words or number in the tags, because they do not make part of the language of the text.

URGENT

THANKS A LOT

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Usually TAGs are formated as twinternal or twexternal Jan 26, 2003

And thus not desired for spell-checking.

Check, if your format definition for tw4winexternal and tw4wininternal includes the option \"grammar and spell checking off\". If not, correct this setting, but I do not know any reason, that this should not be set in this manner.

Then go to tools - options - spell checking and let Word ignore all words with numbers (ie. WORD4WINDOWS).

HTH

Jerzy

Beatraduc (X)
Beatraduc (X)
English to French
Related to the same topic, how can I prevent the spellchecker to stop to each word still in English Jan 27, 2003

The translation agency I worked for sent me a macro to remove all the tags before printing or spellchecking my text after translation (from English into French). But they want the parts called \"Soft\" to stay in English because they are all tanslated later on while editing. So when i run the spellchecker it stops at every English word and wast then a lot of time. Can I prevent that?

Many thanks for the answer(s)

Beatrice

Matthew Coulson
Matthew Coulson  Identity Verified
Albanian to English
+ ...
Use the Set Language Feature Feb 8, 2003

If you have a translation that is partially in one language and the other part in the other language you can specify the language that the particular section of text is in. This is done by going to Tools -> Language -> Set Language. Unfortunately there isn\'t a keyboard shortcut to change this but after you set the different languages when you go through to spell check it will use the correct spelling dictionary for the respective language (if such a dictionary exists).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word check in Word files containing many Tags

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »