Thread poster: Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 31, 2002

I\'ve received an e-mail with an attached PDF file but when I download it and try to open the file, I get this message \"Cannot open the file. The file does not begin with %PDF-\" (or something similar). I am not sure whether the problem is the PDF file has not been properly created.

Have someone ever experienced the same problem?

Thank you in advance.

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:00
English to French
+ ...
File Dec 31, 2002

Wouldn\'t that be a zipped pdf file?

Alexandru Pojoga
Alexandru Pojoga
Romania
Local time: 01:00
Japanese to English
+ ...
The file is damaged Jan 1, 2003

If it doesn\'t begin with %PDF it\'s not a valid pdf file, and that\'s what the software is telling you.

Try renaming it to .zip and then opening it with winzip, but I don\'t think that will work.

Best of all, ask for a resend.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with PDF file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »