Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 24, 2007

Hi everybody.

I have a PDF institutional presentation that has a video (WMV or MPEG) embedded in it. I have to take the video out of the presentation, dub it and return it to the PDF.

I already managed to get the video (played the presentation and went to temporary files to get the temporary wmv and copied it to my work folder), and will use windows movie player to dub it into Spanish.

The thing is, I need to delete the original video and embed the dubbed
... See more
Hi everybody.

I have a PDF institutional presentation that has a video (WMV or MPEG) embedded in it. I have to take the video out of the presentation, dub it and return it to the PDF.

I already managed to get the video (played the presentation and went to temporary files to get the temporary wmv and copied it to my work folder), and will use windows movie player to dub it into Spanish.

The thing is, I need to delete the original video and embed the dubbed version. How can I re-embed it to the PDF? To get the original files and re-create the PDF is not an option.

Anybody can help me?
Collapse

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:55
Spanish to English
Sorry I can't help May 25, 2007

I just had to marvel at your computer skills so far. It seems like you at least ten years ahead of me.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 06:55
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Acrobat Professional May 25, 2007

Luckily, I haven't been in that situation yet.

You might want to give Acrobat Professional a try. You can download a trial version from Adobe's website. You might be able to safe the original pdf file in another format (Word), although I don't know how it would handle the audio file. But once you have its individual parts, you might be able exchange the audio file and put everything back together again.

Edwal Rospigliosi
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 25, 2007

Thanks Heike!

I used Select Object in Acrobat Professional, and was exactly what I needed. Now I can finish the job.

Lesley, thanks by your comment.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
One possible solution... May 25, 2007

Hi! It appears to me that your .pdf file originates from a .htm file with embedded movie object, similar to flash objects. Then try this - convert .pdf file back to the source (see document characteristics in acrobat, that will clearly tell you, which programm was used to create this particular .pdf file). If my guess is right, it was probably done in DWeaver and then converted into a .pdf file. Open the .htm file in DWeaver, extract or take our the movie object, complete your work and save und... See more
Hi! It appears to me that your .pdf file originates from a .htm file with embedded movie object, similar to flash objects. Then try this - convert .pdf file back to the source (see document characteristics in acrobat, that will clearly tell you, which programm was used to create this particular .pdf file). If my guess is right, it was probably done in DWeaver and then converted into a .pdf file. Open the .htm file in DWeaver, extract or take our the movie object, complete your work and save under the same name in a sub-folder and replace the orignal movie object in DW with the target movie, convert back to .pdf. This way you would have no problems with the document structure. BrandisCollapse

Edwal Rospigliosi
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody May 25, 2007

by your answers. The job is finished and sent, and the customer is quite satisfied.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF embedded video

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »