How to deal with Shortcut key conflicts
Thread poster: Julian Wood
Julian Wood
Julian Wood  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:04
Czech to English
+ ...
Mar 22, 2007

Hello- hope this is the right place to ask.
I wonder if someone can help with this- and whether this is an issue which bothers other users.
I find that Wordfast conflicts with other shortcuts in-built into my laptop. So key combinations such as Alt+ almost anything do not work.
I am now having that problem with another piece of software.

Does anyone know how to disable or alter default shorctut keys/ combinations?

Thanks a lot

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:04
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Wordfast shortcuts Mar 23, 2007

can be modified just like any Word shortcut, via the respective menu (Service -> Settings -> Keyboard, or, maybe, it looks a bit different: I've got Word with Russian interface). Note, that WF commands are in the macros section.

Julian Wood
Czech to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry- still on confused Mar 23, 2007

Hi
Having used Microsoft Help, I am still confused
For example, I want to change F1 from always bringing up the Help menu- any ideas?

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:04
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Some shortcuts cannot be modified, Mar 23, 2007

I guess. Others can. I remember, when I was trying out WF, I was not happy with its default shortcut for Auto translate whilst 100% (Ctrl+Shift+PageDn). So, I just entered the above menu, found the macro 'WfTranslateUntilNoMatch' and modified it to Alt+\ (Word shows, if a chosen shortcut is already engaged for some action, that one was vacant).

As for Help, you should look at All commands and find there Help. Word shows F1 for it. Just try to modify. I've succeded to change it for S
... See more
I guess. Others can. I remember, when I was trying out WF, I was not happy with its default shortcut for Auto translate whilst 100% (Ctrl+Shift+PageDn). So, I just entered the above menu, found the macro 'WfTranslateUntilNoMatch' and modified it to Alt+\ (Word shows, if a chosen shortcut is already engaged for some action, that one was vacant).

As for Help, you should look at All commands and find there Help. Word shows F1 for it. Just try to modify. I've succeded to change it for Shift+F10, and can't bring back F1, so be cautious

[Редактировалось 2007-03-23 14:18]
Collapse

Julian Wood
Czech to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for advice Mar 23, 2007

hiya
thanks for advice
it's more the windows XP shortcuts I want to change, but we are getting there, thanks!
There are also Dell ones that my computer seems to in its wisdom have chosen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deal with Shortcut key conflicts

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »