Does anyone have experience with PopFax service?
Thread poster: slabejka
slabejka
slabejka
Local time: 02:17
Slovak to English
Mar 9, 2007

I have been contemplating getting rid of my fax machine and I'm trying to find out what type of internet fax service is worthwhile (or efax service if available for DSL modems). Has anyone used PopFax, and if so, is it any good?

Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
eFax is OK Mar 9, 2007

Renata,

I use the service eFax. They have different options, and you can even get a free fax number to receive faxes; this option has worked just fine for my low volume of fax usage. When someone sends a fax to your number, you receive an e-mail with a link that takes you to the document.

At least in the US and Canada, they try to give you a number as close as possible to your own phone number for greater convenience.

A free profile is
... See more
Renata,

I use the service eFax. They have different options, and you can even get a free fax number to receive faxes; this option has worked just fine for my low volume of fax usage. When someone sends a fax to your number, you receive an e-mail with a link that takes you to the document.

At least in the US and Canada, they try to give you a number as close as possible to your own phone number for greater convenience.

A free profile is supported by advertising, so that means you typically get 1 or 2 promotional e-mails a week from one of their business sponsors.

If sending faxes from your computer is important to you, you would want to consider a paid account which is fairly reasonably priced if I recall correctly. An added advantage of this is that you are not sent any advertising e-mails.

One of the big advantages I find with an online fax service is that I can receive faxes at the same place (i.e. my e-mail) wherever I am in the world, at whatever time of day or night.

Hopefully it works well for you too.
Collapse

Micheleonweb (X)
Micheleonweb (X)
English
I use Popfax in France and I am satisfied Mar 18, 2007

Hi,

I am a freelance consultant for international projects management and I have made a subscription on www.popfax.com to have a fax number that follows me everywhere I am. It works without any single failure until now. I have chosen PopFax because it is much cheaper than eFax (in France at least).
I would recommend it although I don't know all alternative solutions and prices you can have...
... See more
Hi,

I am a freelance consultant for international projects management and I have made a subscription on www.popfax.com to have a fax number that follows me everywhere I am. It works without any single failure until now. I have chosen PopFax because it is much cheaper than eFax (in France at least).
I would recommend it although I don't know all alternative solutions and prices you can have...
Regards,
Michele
Collapse

sarahp (X)
sarahp (X)
French
popfax problems Nov 7, 2008

Hi,

I used popfax with no problems for 6 months - then it started to have problems. I was not receiving some faxes. Some were not forwarded to my email, some were! And finally, I tried to logon oneday and another persons login and password showed - it logged in on her account and viewed her faxes! I obviously, emailed her to let her know. But i would proceed with caution before using this company.

jorge88 (X)
jorge88 (X)
United Kingdom
i am happy with Popfax Aug 15, 2013

hello everyone, i came across this forum and i saw the question. I am a Popfax http://www.popfax.com costumer for more than 2 years, and with their mobile application I get all my faxes on my iPhone straight away, and also I have never had any connection problems or lost faxes or any other issues.

Mark Possemiers
Mark Possemiers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:17
Member (2013)
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
using myfax Sep 4, 2013

works superb.
500 pages outgoing included, only 7 euros per month.
incoming number wherever you want (except North Korea?)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone have experience with PopFax service?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »