Software: Using Translation Office 3000 V8 in a network environment?
Thread poster: Francesco Amormino (X)
Francesco Amormino (X)
Francesco Amormino (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:02
German to Italian
+ ...
Mar 9, 2007

Dear fellow translators,

I would like to use Translation Office 3000 V8 on a network together with my partner who works in front of me. At the moment I just make a screenshot of the Client Jobs every time something changes, but this is not a satisfactory solution since just one person on one PC can enter the program. I don't want to say that we should be able to use it at the same time... but at least it would improve our efficiency if we could both access the database from differen
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

I would like to use Translation Office 3000 V8 on a network together with my partner who works in front of me. At the moment I just make a screenshot of the Client Jobs every time something changes, but this is not a satisfactory solution since just one person on one PC can enter the program. I don't want to say that we should be able to use it at the same time... but at least it would improve our efficiency if we could both access the database from different PCs.

I have the impression that the developers of the program are willing (honestly I did not ask directly even if I have written to them that I would like to use it on 2 different PCs) to provide us translators who work in pairs with a solution. I know that the developer of this software also developed an application for translation agencies which could possibly work on a network, but it has to much functions for us (we just translate into Italian) and is also expensive compared with the use we would make of it.

Is there any trick to solve this problem? Are there any other translators who are in the same situation? Maybe we could start a "joined action" in order to have a major impact on the developers.

Thanks a lot for any precious suggestion and contribution.

Francesco
Collapse

Cicero
Cicero
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:02
Japanese to English
+ ...
Use JORG as an alternative Mar 16, 2007

This is from a posting I made Oct 3, 2006 which might be useful.

The programme can be bought for fewer users and also does not require a server for multi-users.

"We have been using JORG, software available from Infospeed. As an agency, we have found it incredibly useful. It is simple to use and easy to understand. We have been using it since February 2006 and have seen a marked increase in our admin efficiency e.g. invoices created at the click of a button, on top of cl
... See more
This is from a posting I made Oct 3, 2006 which might be useful.

The programme can be bought for fewer users and also does not require a server for multi-users.

"We have been using JORG, software available from Infospeed. As an agency, we have found it incredibly useful. It is simple to use and easy to understand. We have been using it since February 2006 and have seen a marked increase in our admin efficiency e.g. invoices created at the click of a button, on top of clearer project management for the PMs."

Their website is http://www.joborganiser.co.uk/

We chose JORG since its programming and interface were just that little bit smarter than other available programmes.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software: Using Translation Office 3000 V8 in a network environment?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »