Ivan Frankovics
Ivan Frankovics  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 17:19
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2002

Could sy help me on this.

I have to create SGML files from rtf files for a client.

Does somebody heve any idea?

MAybe he means HTML?

Thanks in advance.

Maria Celia Costanzo
Maria Celia Costanzo
Local time: 12:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
SGML files into rtf and reversal Dec 2, 2002

Take a look into this page: http://xml.coverpages.org/sgmlfaq-199904.txt

Maybe it helps... but here\'s something in advance:

4) Where can I buy or download a program to convert my Postscript/Word/WordPerfect legacy documents to SGML automatically?

ANSWER: If you have any experience in construction, that\'s roughly equivalent to asking where you can rent a machine to convert bri
... See more
Take a look into this page: http://xml.coverpages.org/sgmlfaq-199904.txt

Maybe it helps... but here\'s something in advance:

4) Where can I buy or download a program to convert my Postscript/Word/WordPerfect legacy documents to SGML automatically?

ANSWER: If you have any experience in construction, that\'s roughly equivalent to asking where you can rent a machine to convert bricks into a house automatically.

Accept that you\'ll have to do some programming (and possibly a lot of manual intervention), then look at Steve Pepper\'s Whirlwind Guide (see above) to find some software tools that can get you started.

It doesn\'t sound very encouraging, does it?

Good Luck

[addsig]
Collapse

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:19
English to French
+ ...
formally Dec 3, 2002

Well formally you just have to change the dot rtf into dot sgml in the file\'s name.

But then the tags in the text must be SGML tags. Not HTML.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create SGML files?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »