https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/6665-keyboard_problems_changing_to_xp.html

Keyboard Problems changing to XP
Thread poster: Karina Pelech
Karina Pelech
Karina Pelech  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2002

Dear All,

Recently, I had a so called \"expert\" change my system from Windows Millenium to Windows XP.

Once it was complete, I thought everything had been changed, as my \"expert\" had spent a while doing so, or so he said. One of the smaller changes that I came across and asked two further experts to help me to fix, was the different configuration of the keyboard.

As all was well before the change to XP, I thought that this would be a simple
... See more
Dear All,

Recently, I had a so called \"expert\" change my system from Windows Millenium to Windows XP.

Once it was complete, I thought everything had been changed, as my \"expert\" had spent a while doing so, or so he said. One of the smaller changes that I came across and asked two further experts to help me to fix, was the different configuration of the keyboard.

As all was well before the change to XP, I thought that this would be a simple matter (and maybe it is), but so far not one of the two \"computer experts\" (the one who changed the system, plus another) has been able to do anything about it.

What exactly do I mean, well the symbols that you see on your numbers and can produce by using the shift or alt keys are not configured to my keyboards... I have 4 different ones, and despite using the software that came with two of them, I still cannot get the symbols to synchronize.

Does anyone else have a similar experience (and solution) that they may be able to share with me? I would be very grateful for anyhelp whatsoever.

Thank you in advance,

Dr. Allan C. Brown

P.S. It also appears that the \"printer driver for XP will not accept refilled cartridges\" (so I was told), but it accepted them with Millenium as the base. What is going on?

SORRY = I DID NOT SEE THAT THIS HAD BEEN POSTED, SO I WROTE THE SAME MESSAGE AGAIN AFTER RECEIVING A GATEWAY TIMEOUT MESSAGE THE LAST TIME I POSTED IT. PLEASE IGNORE THIS MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN IT ELSEWHERE.

THANK YOU AND APOLOGIES.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-27 19:37 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard Problems changing to XP

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »