Arabic text from Word (PC) to Quark Express (Mac)
Thread poster: Jupp
Jupp
Jupp
Spanish to German
+ ...
Feb 6, 2007

Hello everybody,

i have got a question regarding arabic texts.

Which is the best way to bring an arabic text from word on a PC to Quark Express on a Mac computer?

The english original is written in word and then send via email to an arabic translator.
From there the text needs to be sent back via email to a pc (internal procedure... no editing.) and from there the text needs to be sent to a mac and be opened with quark express.

I hope the
... See more
Hello everybody,

i have got a question regarding arabic texts.

Which is the best way to bring an arabic text from word on a PC to Quark Express on a Mac computer?

The english original is written in word and then send via email to an arabic translator.
From there the text needs to be sent back via email to a pc (internal procedure... no editing.) and from there the text needs to be sent to a mac and be opened with quark express.

I hope the description helps to solve the problem.
Al the computers except the one of the translator, are "western" computers.

thanks a lot for helping

José
Collapse

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:19
English to Swedish
+ ...
Move this to the technical forum! Mar 28, 2007

Hi!

I saw that you didn't get any answers yet. Ask a moderator to move this to the technical forum.

The language forum is for native (Arabic) speakers, and they won't necessary understand your question.

The solution to this problem, AFAIK, is to make sure that you're running the right version of Quark on the Mac, ie one of the recent releases that support Arabic. If you only have an old "western" install of Quark, the software doesn't handle foreign alphabe
... See more
Hi!

I saw that you didn't get any answers yet. Ask a moderator to move this to the technical forum.

The language forum is for native (Arabic) speakers, and they won't necessary understand your question.

The solution to this problem, AFAIK, is to make sure that you're running the right version of Quark on the Mac, ie one of the recent releases that support Arabic. If you only have an old "western" install of Quark, the software doesn't handle foreign alphabets.

Search the forum and you'll find many similar threads.

/Jan
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:19
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Moving the thread Mar 28, 2007

to the General Technical Issues forum.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic text from Word (PC) to Quark Express (Mac)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »