Carlos Alvarez
Carlos Alvarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:18
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 7, 2006

Can anyone recommend a good headset, and where to order from, for Dragon NaturallySpeaking?
The one that comes with the software is rubbish. It hurts my ear, for one thing.

Bilingualduo
Bilingualduo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:18
English to Italian
+ ...
http://www.emicrophones.com/ Nov 7, 2006

I can highly reccomend this site for its very useful articles, explanations, and detailed overviews on a large variety of microphones and set-ups. Additionally, staff and support are top-rate.
Perhaps it will give you some pointers of what to look for and you could find something in the UK if you would rather shop for somethiing closer to home.

I finally ended up purchasing my Sennheiser from them for use with Dragon. It was well-worth the investment, and I am totaly satisfie
... See more
I can highly reccomend this site for its very useful articles, explanations, and detailed overviews on a large variety of microphones and set-ups. Additionally, staff and support are top-rate.
Perhaps it will give you some pointers of what to look for and you could find something in the UK if you would rather shop for somethiing closer to home.

I finally ended up purchasing my Sennheiser from them for use with Dragon. It was well-worth the investment, and I am totaly satisfied with the purchase.

HTH
Bambi
P.s.:I am in no way connected with this company by the way, nor am I being offered anything to 'endorse' them. Just a very satisfied customer.
Collapse

Bruce Popp
Bruce Popp  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:18
French to English
agree, strongly Nov 7, 2006

Bilingualduo wrote:

I finally ended up purchasing my Sennheiser from them for use with Dragon. It was well-worth the investment, and I am totaly satisfied with the purchase.

This Sennheiser microphone is probably the best choice and worth the money.

Be careful of the positioning of the microphone since it is very directional. Make sure it is rotated so the microphone is pointing directly at your mouth and position it very close to the corner of your mouth.

Bruce

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:18
English to French
+ ...
While we're at it Nov 7, 2006

Does anybody have experience with a headset that has cushions for both ears (the fluffy variety that completely isolates the ears, preferably leather upholstered) and a microphone that is Dragon-compliant?

I know such a thing exists, but when I try to find it, I can only buy at least 25 of them because they are especially sold to call centers.

I need this so that I can have near perfect silence around me when I'm working...
See more
Does anybody have experience with a headset that has cushions for both ears (the fluffy variety that completely isolates the ears, preferably leather upholstered) and a microphone that is Dragon-compliant?

I know such a thing exists, but when I try to find it, I can only buy at least 25 of them because they are especially sold to call centers.

I need this so that I can have near perfect silence around me when I'm working
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:18
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
GN Netcom USB headset Nov 7, 2006

I recently got a USB microphone for my DNS9, and it has cushions for both ears.

I can't sing its praise enough, it has made a world of difference in terms of performance and comfort.

I paid about 60 USD for it, but I just saw it online for about 40 USD.

http://www.microphones.com/microphone.cfm?URLID=503USB

Best,

Nora

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Headset for NaturallySpeaking.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »