https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/58108-yahoo_missing_e_mails.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Yahoo - missing e-mails
Thread poster: Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 01:49
English to Serbian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2006

I've recently noticed that e-mails sent to my Yahoo e-mail address have never reached me. Also, some of the e-mails I've sent from that address have never been delivered (no notification of failed delivery). This is really worrying. How many clients have I lost in that time?

Has anyone had the same experience. I'll be looking into other providers and was wondering if you could suggest a reliable one. It will have to be web based and accessible from my mobile phone.

I wi
... See more
I've recently noticed that e-mails sent to my Yahoo e-mail address have never reached me. Also, some of the e-mails I've sent from that address have never been delivered (no notification of failed delivery). This is really worrying. How many clients have I lost in that time?

Has anyone had the same experience. I'll be looking into other providers and was wondering if you could suggest a reliable one. It will have to be web based and accessible from my mobile phone.

I wish you all a great Monday

Branka
Collapse

Eva Middleton
Eva Middleton  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:49
German to English
have you checked the bulk folder? Oct 23, 2006

I had this happen once - Yahoo suddenly decided to filter emails from my biggest and most frequent client into the bulk folder.

It took me a week to work it out....

Generally I find Yahoo extremely reliable and quick - I'm not sure there's anything better out there to be honest.

Angeliki Papadopoulou
Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:49
English to Greek
+ ...
I too have had the same happen with Yahoo Oct 23, 2006

...and I switched to gmail. I have never looked back!

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bulk folder Oct 23, 2006

Eva Middleton wrote:

I had this happen once - Yahoo suddenly decided to filter emails from my biggest and most frequent client into the bulk folder.

It took me a week to work it out....

Generally I find Yahoo extremely reliable and quick - I'm not sure there's anything better out there to be honest.

Hi Eva, thanks for the suggestion. However this is not the case here.
I wouldn't have an issue if the messages ended up in bulk folder. Quiet often they do (for some reason messages sent from clients based in Austria always end up there). I do check my Bulk folder daily and weed trough spam.
I'm talking about messages that are not delivered at all.

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good to know Oct 23, 2006

Angeliki Papadopoulou wrote:

...and I switched to gmail. I have never looked back!

that I'm not alone here. Just a quick question, can you access gmail inbox from your mobile phone? If so I'd appreciate it if someone sent me a gmail invitation (if that's still the way they operate)

Solange SEGUEL-HOLTHEUER
Solange SEGUEL-HOLTHEUER  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 19:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same thing hapened to me! Oct 23, 2006

I have the same problem with yahoo. I am really worried of missing some jobs. Furthermore, an important client is marked as "spam", and I don't know how to change that.
Any suggestions?

Balaban Cerit
Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2004)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I have a similar problem Oct 23, 2006

Some e-mails I send aren't being delivered and I receive no notification at all - or I receive a "failed delivery" notification for some of these e-mails 4-5 days later.

But I am not sure about the reason yet - because this problem seems to be a selective process, meaning that it occurs only when sending e-mails to 2 specific e-mail addresses or only when receiving e-mails from 1 specific e-mail address (they all are different). But of course there is no way of knowing if I am not r
... See more
Some e-mails I send aren't being delivered and I receive no notification at all - or I receive a "failed delivery" notification for some of these e-mails 4-5 days later.

But I am not sure about the reason yet - because this problem seems to be a selective process, meaning that it occurs only when sending e-mails to 2 specific e-mail addresses or only when receiving e-mails from 1 specific e-mail address (they all are different). But of course there is no way of knowing if I am not receiving e-mail from completely new e-mail addresses.

This is very troubling. But I am a paid member of Yahoo for years and I hadn't the slightest problem with their services. I agree that Yahoo is reliable and quick. For this reason I am still thinking that this problem might be related to other servers (possibly the originating/target e-mail servers) - until I am sure, I will not leave Yahoo.

I hope you solve your problems. But if you don't and you choose to work with another provider, please let us know.

Branka, I don't know the answer to your question about gmail, but I sent you an invitation anyway.

(Note: There's another interesting point, e-mails sent to me from clients in Austria always are put in my Bulk folder too.)
Collapse

Tim Drayton
Tim Drayton  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Turkish to English
+ ...
Yes, I have had this problem Oct 23, 2006

Hi,
Yes I have had this problem which resulted in the loss of a couple of jobs. I now promote my services under a different e-mail address attached to my own domain.
You might be interested in referring to a thread I started on this point back in June:
http://www.proz.com/post/365588#365588

aradek
aradek  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:49
Hungarian to English
+ ...
The fix (?) Oct 23, 2006

Solange SEGUEL-HOLTHEUER wrote:

I have the same problem with yahoo. I am really worried of missing some jobs. Furthermore, an important client is marked as "spam", and I don't know how to change that.
Any suggestions?

Supposedly, if you have the sender's address in your Yahoo address book, the mail will not end up in the Bulk folder.

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
gmail Oct 23, 2006

Balaban, thank you ever so much for sending me the gmail invitation. I've now signed up for it. From what I've read, I can access gmail mailbox from my mobile phone, which is great.

And thanks to all that have replied to this post.
If anyone needs an invitation, please let me know and I'll send you one (as soon as I find my way around).

Branka

Anne Spitzmueller
Anne Spitzmueller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Same here Oct 24, 2006

Just for the record: It has happened (and maybe is still happening) to me too. Completely out of the blue I did not receive some of the e-mails from a certain sender. Suddenly, about an hour later, they started coming in again.

How many e-mails I have missed and how many of the e-mails I sent have not been delivered I don't know.

It is a very annoying problem and if it cannot be solved I will look for a different provider. I hope that I do not have to, though.
... See more
Just for the record: It has happened (and maybe is still happening) to me too. Completely out of the blue I did not receive some of the e-mails from a certain sender. Suddenly, about an hour later, they started coming in again.

How many e-mails I have missed and how many of the e-mails I sent have not been delivered I don't know.

It is a very annoying problem and if it cannot be solved I will look for a different provider. I hope that I do not have to, though.

Anne
Collapse

Anne Grimes
Anne Grimes
Canada
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Glad I am not the only one Oct 24, 2006

who has been having problems with Yahoo lately. I don't know why now, because I have never had this problem before, only recently it started. If someone could send me an invitation to gmail, I would really appreciate it! I have looked into it, but don't know anyone to ask for an invitation.
Thanks! Anne.

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
gmain invite Oct 24, 2006

anne estrada wrote:

who has been having problems with Yahoo lately. I don't know why now, because I have never had this problem before, only recently it started. If someone could send me an invitation to gmail, I would really appreciate it! I have looked into it, but don't know anyone to ask for an invitation.
Thanks! Anne.

I've just sent you one Anne.
Have 49 invitations left now. If anyone else is interested please PM me.

Branka

Anne Grimes
Anne Grimes
Canada
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank you! Oct 24, 2006

Thanks Branka! I just received your invitation, and I will look into opening an account first thing in the morning (here). I am working late and had better get finished and go to bed.
I hope gmail works out better than yahoo mail. I am tired of missing messages from important clients.
Good night!
Anne

trab
trab
Spanish to English
Yahoo upgrade may be the problem Oct 24, 2006

Friends of mine who use Yahoo on another listserv have suddenly found themselves no longer receiving listserv messages. There is some suspicion that the problem lies in the upgrade to the new Yahoo mail as listserv members who are still on the old Yahoo have had no problems.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yahoo - missing e-mails

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »