Can't get patent templated to work, help!
Thread poster: Marissa Vicari
Marissa Vicari
Marissa Vicari  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:55
French to English
Sep 27, 2006

HI, I'm starting to work with Transperect, translating patents. They gave me a .DOT document to save into my C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates folder. I've followed the instructions to save the template, but when I open their word files, I don't get the template's toolbar, as I should.
How do I get this template to work?
Thanks,
Marissa

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 17:55
English to German
+ ...
how can I see what you have got Sep 27, 2006

Marissa Vicari wrote:

HI, I'm starting to work with Transperect, translating patents. They gave me a .DOT document to save into my C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates folder. I've followed the instructions to save the template, but when I open their word files, I don't get the template's toolbar, as I should.
How do I get this template to work?
Thanks,
Marissa
Can the template be downloaded? It is generally a programmatic macro issue, but if TP is giving you, you should be asking them. I guess they have their own philosophy. Best Brandis

Marissa Vicari
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks brandis Sep 27, 2006

Yes, I've got the template downloaded in the correct template file. As far as I know the Macros are enables, as I have the WIPO toolbar on the template. The problem is that I don't have the WIPO toolbar on the word documents they've sent me that I have to translate -

I am communicating with them, and waiting for a reply, waiting....

Thanks for your response,
Marissa

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 11:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Maybe ... Sep 27, 2006

Marissa Vicari wrote:

... I have the WIPO toolbar on the template. The problem is that I don't have the WIPO toolbar on the word documents ...

... you need to display the toolbar via the 'View-Toolbars' menu option?

HTH
MediaMatrix

Marissa Vicari
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
toolbar Sep 27, 2006

Thanks for the idea, but in fact the WIPO toolbar does not appear as an option in the toolbar list for the word documents I'm trying to get to work, I think that's the problem... I've looked there.

It does, however, appear on the template, and I have it in view on the template.

I really appreciate you input.
Marissa

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:55
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Marissa Sep 27, 2006

Exactly like Brandis, I don't know what you have got, but here is my suggestion.

If it is a .dot file, this add-in should be visible in Word under Tools > Templated and add-ins. Go to this menu and see if it is there. In case it is, check it in order to activate.

HTH,
Natalia

Marissa Vicari
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Natalie Sep 28, 2006

I see the template add-in on the list, but it won't let me click on it. As you and Brandon mentioned, how can I better show you what I'm dealing with? All of the responses I've gotten have been right on, I've tried them all and see what you mean. I really don't see why this isn't working...
I even tried the same thing on my laptop - and got the same result.
Thanks for your time and help!
Marissa

Marissa Vicari
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Natalie, it worked!!!!! Oct 2, 2006

Natalie, thank you so much, this was the solution!!!!!
Marissa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't get patent templated to work, help!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »