Thread poster: Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:35
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 25, 2006

The KudoZ toolbar keeps shutting down Internet Explorer. Any ideas, anyone?

Paul Roige (X)
Paul Roige (X)
Spain
Local time: 11:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Firefox Sep 25, 2006

Hi, Amy, haven't used Explorer since last century, so I can't tell. You may want to consider using Firefox. For me it works incredibly well and you can also download heaps of search engines (ProZ, dictionaries, etc.). It's brilliant.
You can download it for free from here: http://www.mozilla.com/products/
HIH
Cheers
Paul

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:35
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mozilla Firefox Sep 25, 2006

Hi Paul,
I used to use Firefox, but had to stop because here in Brazil there are a lot of sites, especially shopping sites, where the forms you have to fill out don't appear correctly unless you use Explorer. I also had some other problems with it that I can't recall at the moment, even though I generally liked it quite a bit.

Amy

Carmen Hernaiz
Carmen Hernaiz
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
¿Son compatibles? Sep 26, 2006

¡Hola Paul!
¿Se puede tener los dos?
O sea, usar el que tú dices, pero conservar Internet Explorer por si acaso?

Abrazos,
Carmen

Paul Roige (X)
Paul Roige (X)
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
More on Firefox (but I don't work for them!!!) Sep 26, 2006

Carmen Hernaiz wrote:

¡Hola Paul!
¿Se puede tener los dos?
O sea, usar el que tú dices, pero conservar Internet Explorer por si acaso?

Abrazos,
Carmen

Hola Carmen, cuánto tiempo
I'll write in English now. Certainly, no problem whatsoever. I have Firefox, Safari, and Explorer (all for Mac). Safari had always been my default browser until I downloaded Firefox. This browser is terrific: you can insert the Kudoz toolbar, Paypal and FTP upload buttons, and includes a search engine area for plug-ins such as DRAE, G-mail, Google automatic web-content translation, BBC News, Wikipedia, Google Earth, Paypal, a broad range of online dictionaries and glossaries, and a lot more, all of them one-clickers. Also, Page Rank informs you of how reliable is the page you're visiting, plus integrated Verisign verification—something I find very helpful when purchasing online products.

Also, importantly, you can import your saved bookmarks from Explorer so you don't have to start from zero.

Also, for Amy, I noticed that my Explorer version works pretty badly when trying to select items from Proz's homepage menus. Perhaps then it's a site issue, and a technical support ticket could be the way to go first.

Interesting how some countries don't accommodate to different browsers. I don't know how good is the latest Explorer, but certainly Firefox is hard to beat.

Unfortunately, the Kudoz toolbar doesn't save your changes ON the browser, that would be great.

Cheers
Paul

[Edited at 2006-09-26 07:03]

Carmen Hernaiz
Carmen Hernaiz
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Using it now. Sep 29, 2006

Hi Paul,

I'm using Firefox since I read your message. I really like it, but I found only one problem:

It seems the copy/paste option doesn't work when I copy text or links from a page inside Firefox.
Is there any way to fix that?

Hugs for you,

Carmen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble with the KudoZ toolbar

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »