Problem reimporting isc file to adobe Indesign
Thread poster: BCNNET
BCNNET
BCNNET
Catalan to Spanish
Sep 15, 2006

Hi,

I have a problem reimporting a translated .isc file to Adobe Indesign CS with Story Collector. The program crashes and displays a popup with an undefined error.

The operating system is windows xp
Trados version is 6.5
Indesign version CS

Has anybody a clue of what is happening?
is there a way to import the translation?

Thanks in advance

Ruslan Datkayev
Ruslan Datkayev  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 14:58
English to Russian
+ ...
Sysfilter for InDesign Sep 16, 2006

Good day!

Just a guess, maybe Sysfilter for InDesign by ECM Engineering www.ecm-engineering.de/ would help.

With respect,

rbd

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 09:58
German
+ ...
Knowledge Base Sep 18, 2006

See the SDL/Trados Knowledge Base at http://sdl.custhelp.com for information on known problems during import and for solutions.

HTH,
Benjamin

bmann
bmann
Local time: 03:58
English
Hard to say without seeing the files Sep 24, 2006

First, I would make sure the plugin is working correctly and the source files aren't corrupt by importing the source ISC into the source INDD.

If that goes ok then I would compare the translated ISC to the source ISC and see where the differences are, aside from the translated text. It could be something simple like the header or it could be that someone changed the file extension instead of properly cleaning the file - which has happened to me.

The last resort is
... See more
First, I would make sure the plugin is working correctly and the source files aren't corrupt by importing the source ISC into the source INDD.

If that goes ok then I would compare the translated ISC to the source ISC and see where the differences are, aside from the translated text. It could be something simple like the header or it could be that someone changed the file extension instead of properly cleaning the file - which has happened to me.

The last resort is to open the ISC in the translating software, such as Tag Editor, and copy and paste the translated text into the INDD file.

[Edited at 2006-09-24 19:31]

[Edited at 2006-09-24 19:32]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem reimporting isc file to adobe Indesign

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »