Thread poster: biankonera
biankonera
biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 03:31
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
Sep 7, 2006

I was curious if anybody could advise me about one problem Im trying to cope with - Im being forwarded information from another email but when I open the email there is none of the information the sender claims he has forwarded (there should be another email he forwarded me).
Is it just me having a dumb moment or its my mailbox?
Thanks!

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:31
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Is the content wrapped up in an attachment? Sep 7, 2006

It would help if you would state what email client you are using, or it may depend on which one the sender is using.
I use Thunderbird, and am very happy with it, but one thing I don't like about the latest version is that the default for forwarding, if you just use the "Forward" icon, causes the message to arrive as a "message box" file which you may either not be able to open, or may find empty when you open it.
You can override this in Thunderbird by ignoring the Forward icon and
... See more
It would help if you would state what email client you are using, or it may depend on which one the sender is using.
I use Thunderbird, and am very happy with it, but one thing I don't like about the latest version is that the default for forwarding, if you just use the "Forward" icon, causes the message to arrive as a "message box" file which you may either not be able to open, or may find empty when you open it.
You can override this in Thunderbird by ignoring the Forward icon and instead going to the Message window and down to Forward As, where you can select Forward Inline. The alternative is Forward as Attachment, which produces the message box file described above.
If you Forward Inline (or get your sender to do so), the message will be forwarded in the traditional way as text in the message field.
Collapse

Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Russian to English
You can change the default in T-Bird Sep 8, 2006

@Jack:
You can change the default behaviour of the Forward button in Thunderbird (I'm using 1.5.0.5 which is the latest version as of today).

Here's the path:

Tools > Options > Composition > General tab, Forward messages [drop down menu].

@bramasole:
What Jack said. Let us know what e-mail client you are using.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thanks, Alan Sep 8, 2006

I've now done that. Век живи, век учись!

biankonera
biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 03:31
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
emails... emails.. Sep 8, 2006

the email which causes me these problems is hosted by a provider similar to yahoo (its one of those free emails). so far it seemed all reliable and normal but yesterday it seems it went mad.

the problem is I get all emails from the sender (suppose he sends it from Outlook) except this one single email which - surprise, surprise - is the only mail I need from him for my work.:( and to add to all this I am not able to convince the sender in any way that I dont have this mail while al
... See more
the email which causes me these problems is hosted by a provider similar to yahoo (its one of those free emails). so far it seemed all reliable and normal but yesterday it seems it went mad.

the problem is I get all emails from the sender (suppose he sends it from Outlook) except this one single email which - surprise, surprise - is the only mail I need from him for my work.:( and to add to all this I am not able to convince the sender in any way that I dont have this mail while all he does is insisting I must check my mailbox (which Ive done 100 times over).

sorry for bothering everyone with this ridiculous thing but its seriously driving me crazy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

email behaving strange

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »