Thread poster: Bodil Little
Bodil Little
Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 18:57
English to Danish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2006

Hi, I am having problems with IE 6.0! Certain pages I cannot access or print without it giving me an error message and consequently crashing. Lately, it has been when trying to access secure documents from my internet bank. I have followed the bank's requirements and have always before been able to access these pages. Since it is not only the bank's web site that I am having problems with, I am wondering if I need some kind of upgrade to the IE itself?
Thanks in advance.
Bodil

Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:57
Russian to English
Try Firefox? Sep 1, 2006

I prefer to use the Firefox browser for the web, although there still are some sites that work only in IE (these are becoming fewer in number).

IE 6.0 has a repair feature that you might try. This MS knowledge base article talks you through it:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;318378&x=12&y=14

I suggest giving Firefox a try tho
... See more
I prefer to use the Firefox browser for the web, although there still are some sites that work only in IE (these are becoming fewer in number).

IE 6.0 has a repair feature that you might try. This MS knowledge base article talks you through it:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;318378&x=12&y=14

I suggest giving Firefox a try though.

Alan
Collapse

Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:57
Russian to English
More help on repairing IE 6.0 Sep 1, 2006

Here is another link that may be helpful:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=251

Pristav (X)
Pristav (X)
Local time: 20:57
English to Russian
Use of other soft Sep 1, 2006

Install any other browser instead of I.E.x.x.

Taavi Tillmann
Taavi Tillmann  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 19:57
English to Estonian
+ ...
mozilla Sep 1, 2006

i believe that mozilla is by far better. It's faster, safer and easier to customize.

Pristav (X)
Pristav (X)
Local time: 20:57
English to Russian
Or OPERA Sep 2, 2006

Or OPERA!

Bodil Little
Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 18:57
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IE 6.0 problems - Thanks! Sep 2, 2006

Thank you so much for all your replies.

I quite agree, it would be better to use another browser, no doubt about it. Unfortunately, certain sites, like my internet banking, make use of IE. However, I was actually able to fix the problem by going into the Microsoft Upgrades site. Even though I get updates automatically and even though this site told me that there were no new upgrades available (?) - I did a "customs"
... See more
Thank you so much for all your replies.

I quite agree, it would be better to use another browser, no doubt about it. Unfortunately, certain sites, like my internet banking, make use of IE. However, I was actually able to fix the problem by going into the Microsoft Upgrades site. Even though I get updates automatically and even though this site told me that there were no new upgrades available (?) - I did a "customs" upgrade and was able to see that there was indeed something new for the IE. I downloaded it and it now works properly again. Rather strange, but very relieving.
Thanks again.
Bodil
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IE 6.0 - Error message and crashing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »