BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 31, 2006

Dear all,

Just a note to let you know that I have been experiencing problems with Yahoo! and AOL mail sent from ProZ.com.

Very often now ProZ's mail is going straight to the Spam folder (even when I mark them 'This is not spam').

So be on the lookout for those.

Rgds,
Belkis

[Edited at 2006-07-31 13:39]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
A persistent problem Jul 31, 2006

Thanks for posting. This has been going on for some time.

We follow all restrictions for safe emailing, and what is more, we applied to be part of AOL's paid email program just to address this issue. But AOL has not been cooperative with us.

We are left with no choice but to advise people who want to be sure to receive ProZ.com notifications to either switch providers or make use of the free email service provided to members via our hosting solution.

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 00:08
English to Swedish
+ ...
Add proz as approved sender Jul 31, 2006

Belkis Díaz-Vidaillet wrote:

Dear all,

Just a note to let you know that I have been experiencing problems with Yahoo! and AOL mail sent from ProZ.com.

Very often now ProZ's mail is going straight to the Spam folder (even when I mark them 'This is not spam').

So be on the lookout for those.

Rgds,
Belkis

[Edited at 2006-07-31 13:39]

The easiest solution is to add Proz.com as an approved sender, that way your filter will override the spam robot and keep the incoming mails in your inbox.

I don't know about AOL, but it works a charm for Yahoo.

/Jan

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 00:08
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
free email service ? Jul 31, 2006

... provided to members via our hosting solution.

Like ... [email protected]?!

BelkisDV
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Jul 31, 2006

Hi Vito,

Yes, ProZ hosts free mail service for Platinum members.

I know the issue of Platinum membership has been questioned by many; however, being that so many new features have been added (free website hosting, among others) I know for a fact Platinum membership is the right choice for me.

Right now the free website hosting feature is saving me a bundle, not to mention that ProZ has become one of the largest translation sites on the internet. Having a w
... See more
Hi Vito,

Yes, ProZ hosts free mail service for Platinum members.

I know the issue of Platinum membership has been questioned by many; however, being that so many new features have been added (free website hosting, among others) I know for a fact Platinum membership is the right choice for me.

Right now the free website hosting feature is saving me a bundle, not to mention that ProZ has become one of the largest translation sites on the internet. Having a website with the ProZ name is a great way to attract new clients through a professional site.

Best,
Belkis
Collapse

BelkisDV
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now...why didn´t I think of that? :) Jul 31, 2006

[quote]Jan Sundström wrote:

Belkis Díaz-Vidaillet wrote:

The easiest solution is to add Proz.com as an approved sender, that way your filter will override the spam robot and keep the incoming mails in your inbox.

I don't know about AOL, but it works a charm for Yahoo.

/Jan

Great idea, I have used all kinds of combinations to prevent them from going to the Spam folder.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yahoo! and America Online sending ProZ mail to Spam folder

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »