Thread poster: Gwidon Naskrent
Gwidon Naskrent
Gwidon Naskrent  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:02
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 27, 2006

I have a series of djvu files (one page each) and would like to join them into one file. How do I do that?

Alternatively, how can I convert the djvu files to pdf (and then I can merge the pdfs)?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Some ideas... Jul 27, 2006

Gwidon Naskrent wrote:
I have a series of djvu files (one page each) and would like to join them into one file. ... Alternatively, how can I convert the djvu files to pdf (and then I can merge the pdfs)?

The fact that you're willing to convert the djvu files to PDF suggests to me that you don't mind having the djvu files in a different format. So perhaps you'd be willing to convert the djvu files to something else, using a program that can open djvu files (I think XnView can do it, with a plugin).

You can create PDFs from just about any application using a PDF printer driver, as described here:
http://kenchiro.tripod.com/howtoPDF.html

You can also merge PDFs easily using free software, as described here:
https://www.cs.tcd.ie/Shane.OConchuir/Misc/MergingPDFs.html

So if your djvu reader can print the djvu files, you should be able to create PDFs directly from the djvu viewer, and then merge them as indicated above.

Gwidon Naskrent
Gwidon Naskrent  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Actually... Jul 27, 2006

The fact that you're willing to convert the djvu files to PDF suggests to me that you don't mind having the djvu files in a different format.

Well, actually I do mind. The files in question are scanned newspaper and book pages from an online archive and it would be more convenient to keep them in one big file instead of in 1000 small ones.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DJVU PDF

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »